Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Tuesday, July 23, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, quickly fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 6am finally getting up at 6:30.  Sweet!

I read yesterday that Equifax has agreed to pay $700 million to nearly 150,000,000 people over their 2017 data breach.  IF that doesn’t include the lawyers share, it averages out to about $4.67 per person.  In my case I set a 7-year freeze on my financial data so I don’t know if that means I was financially inconvenienced enough.  Probably not worth the effort.

Teresa asked me to pick up a package of crackers from Exito.  I also picked up a bag of milk.

I finally left the apt at 8:05 and walked to the mall.

Jose showed up about 8:45 as I was finishing my breakfast.  He got stuck again having breakfast at home.

We went upstairs to the food court where we were careful to choose a table not too close to the television sets.

We played 3 games and something interesting happened in the 2nd game.  He had a strong attack against my king and at one point I managed to push a pawn towards his king to try to break up his pawn cover.  Instead of taking it he pushed a pawn and I noted that if I could get my queen all the way to the other end of the board to the one square in front of his king I would checkmate him.  I managed to repel his attack and got some space for my queen and he missed the threat and I checkmated him exactly where I said.
He won the other 2 games, however.

Teresa called me the minute after we finished the last game.  She was at La Casita Parilla talking with her gym friend.  She said I didn’t need to hurry back to the apt.  I said goodbye to Jose and went downstairs to Todo Fresa where I enjoyed a quiet café con leche while checking my cellphone.

I left and walked back to the apt and the minute I arrived Teresa called me and invited me to join them at the new café in Buena Mesa.  I dropped off a few things and met them 15 minutes later at Parva Bakery House.  She was with Ampara and her daughter who is studying at EAFIT University.  I bought pastries and drinks for everyone for 24,800 ($7.50).  I informed Teresa that tomorrow I may not go to the gym because I will be watching Müeller’s testimony before Congress.

We walked back to our complex – their apartment is across the street in what I understand is a more expensive building.

At 7:15 I noticed it was raining pretty heavily.  It finally stopped about 9:15.

I uninstalled VLC Media Player due to a recommendation I read on the internet.

7,771 steps today.

Joke of the day
A man goes into a store and asks the clerk for some "Polish Sausage." 
The clerk looked at him and asked "Are you Polish?" 
The guy, clearly offended, says "Well, yes I am. But let me ask you something. If I asked you for Italian Sausage, would you ask me if I was Italian? Or, if I asked for German Bratwurst, would you ask me if I was German? Or if I asked you for a Kosher Hot Dog, would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or, if I asked you for a Taco, would you ask me if I was Mexican? Would ya, huh? Would ya?" 
The clerk says, "Well no." 
"And if I asked you for some Irish Whiskey, would you ask me if I was Irish? What about Canadian Bacon, would you ask me if I was Canadian?" 
"Well, I probably wouldn't." 
With self-indignation, the guy says, "Well, all right then, why did you ask me if I'm Polish just because I asked for Polish Sausage?' 
The clerk replies, "Because you're at a Home Depot, sir."

4 comments:

  1. I am here with my wife, at Las Vagus & 16 sur, to make good on my offer to buy you a 'cafe con leche' I have skype. [PS - Vi a Wrigley Field sin luces.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! First time? I regret I don't recall why you would owe me a cafe con leche. Do you have a phone number? Are you on Whatsapp? Do you have an email address?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whatsapp +1 210 696 5422, text works best for me

      Delete