Monday, July 15, 2019

Sunday, July 14, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm and didn’t wake up until 6:10am – 7 hours, yay!  I had a little water and went back to bed finally getting up at 7:30.

My back feels a little better, just a little soreness.  Still I took an ibuprofen about 8:30.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to Oviedo as part of Ciclovia.  I returned my paperback at the book exchange and noticed that Starbucks had yet to open.  I walked to the main Starbucks where I had my usual coffee and read the news from my cellphone.  I left just after 10:30 and walked back to the apt.

After showering and a change of clothes I headed to the mall where I bought a preferred seating ticket (although in the 3rd row) to Dr. Strangelove (8.4) for 19mil.  I waited in the Platinum area for someone to take my order for chicken nuggets but I gave up as my showtime approached.  I got in line to get my bucket filled with popcorn and bought a small Coke.

The theater was surprisingly crowded and I enjoyed the movie a lot.  It was interesting to see all the old stars I hadn’t seen in quite some time.

I called Teresa to see if she was in the mall or on her way but she was at the apt and said she was going to go lie down for awhile.
I went up to Café Arangos where I had a café con leche and an almond croissant.

Back at the apt I was surprised to see the original Alien (8.5) starting in a few minutes.  I don’t think I’ve seen the original since I saw it in the movie theater back in 1979.  Teresa left to visit with her mom.

Teresa came back with her mother at 8pm.  MT soon left.
I watched games 3-6 of the Lazy Najdorf DVD.

14,055 steps today.

Joke of the day
A woman hired a contractor to repaint the interior of her house. The woman walked the man through the second floor of her home and told him what colors she wanted for each room. As they walked through the first room, the woman said, "I think I would like this room in a cream color." 
The contractor wrote on his clipboard, walked to the window, opened it and yelled out, "Green side up!" He then closed the window and continued following the woman to the next room. The woman looked confused, but proceeded with her tour. "In this room, I was thinking of an off blue." Again, the contractor wrote this down, went to the window, opened it and yelled out, "Green side up!" 
This baffled the woman, but she was hesitant to say anything. In the next room, the woman said she would like it painted in a light rose color. And once more, the contractor opened the window and yelled, "Green side up!" 
Struck with curiosity, the woman mustered up the nerve to ask, "Why do you keep yelling 'Green side up' out of my window each time I tell you what color I'd like a room?" 
The contractor replied, "Because I have a crew of blondes laying turf across the street."

No comments:

Post a Comment