Saturday, December 19, 2020

Friday, December 18, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, again at 6am, finally getting up at 7am.

Teresa told me we had some rain during the night and sure enough the streets are partially wet.

I left the apt at 9:15 and barely got across the street when I noticed a light rain. I turned around and texted Marcos and we agreed we will meet to walk another day. The rain didn’t seem to develop into anything more.

Teresa and I left the apt at 10:30. At first she was wearing a bandana instead of a facemask (sigh!). I told her that’s not sufficient for protection from the virus and luckily she changed.

She had a checkup at her doctor’s office in El Tesoro then she did some shopping. I bought a bottle of eyedrops and a small package of ibuprofen in a pharmacy. We had lunch in J&C Delicias. At one point a sudden rainstorm came through but it only lasted about 5 minutes. She did some more shopping, bought some kind of skin roller for her face and we returned to the apt by taxi.

We watched another episode of Fargo, season 4.

I invited Teresa to go for pizza. We left the apt at 7:45 and waited in the porteria for a taxi. The porter called several times but got no answer. I tried using my Uber app that I hadn’t used since January and I confirmed my request for a car but then it wanted me to confirm my account info so I gave up. A taxi arrived and when the passenger got out the portero had the driver wait and we took it to Antica Pizza in Barrio Mesa.

We waited about 10 minutes to get a counter space inside. My pizza tasted better than usual - I think it had more cheese on it this time.

We took a taxi back to the apt arriving at 9:30. Usually our pizza excersions take about an hour but with Christmas traffic it took longer to get one and to make our way through the streets.

 

I finished reading Unprared: America in the Time of Coronavirus by Jon Sternfeld.

 

The US has 16,867,868 ð 17,195,268 ð 17,401,776 coronavirus cases with 305,900+ ð 310,100+ ð 312,500+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,456,599 ð 1,468,795 ð 1,482,072 cases with 39,560 ð 39,787 ð 40,019 deaths. Medellin has 133,073 ð 134,105 ð 135,067 cases, an increase of 982 from December 17th to 18th.  Envigado has a total of 11,381 cases, an increase of 106 from December 17th to 18th.

 

Joke of the day

One night little Adam walked into his parents’ bedroom to find his dad fooling around with his mom. “Dad, what are you doing?” Adam asked.

“Well son, I’m playing cards,” his dad replied without losing a beat. 

“What’s Mom doing?”

“Oh, she’s my wild card.”

That weekend, Adam went to spend the night at his grandparents. He woke up and went to their bedroom, and found his grandpa fooling around in bed with his grandma.

“Grandpa, what are you doing?” Adam asked.

“Well Adam, I’m playing cards,” his grandpa replied.

“What’s Grandma doing?”

“Oh, she’s my wild card.”

A few days later, Adam wandered into his older brother Steve’s room. Steve was alone.

“Steve, what are you doing?” Adam asked.

“I’m playing cards,” Steve replied.

“But where’s your wild card?”

“When you have a good hand, you don’t need a wild card.”

No comments:

Post a Comment