Monday, December 21, 2020

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

I left the apt at 8am and a bus arrived as soon as I reached the bottom of the hill. I arrived at Ganso & Castor about 10 minutes early but they allowed me to take our usual corner table anyway. Glenn had texted me that he was nearby and he and Bianca soon joined me. We started by sharing an almond croissant with our coffee. They were playing some nice Christmas music when just before we ordered our main dishes a young man shows up and 6’ from us sets up a ginormous speaker – although it was aimed in the other direction. He then sets up a DJ table and starts playing this dance music. Neither Glenn nor I appreciated that and we decided we will move to another location starting next week. He had his usual eggs Benedict and I tried their pancakes with syrup and red fruits (which turned out to be just a jelly).

We left about 10:30 and took a bus back to Envigado. They got off as usual at Jumbo and I continued on to McDonald’s.

I watched the Bears beat the Minnesota Vikings 33-27. Early in the 2nd quarter I ordered chicken wings with fries and cole slaw from Go Wings. It arrived at the 2-minute warning which was 5 minutes earlier than their earliest estimate. I went down to the guardhouse and found it waiting for me. One benefit of paying with my debit card is I don’t have to be there to accept it. I didn’t care for the cole slaw so I’ll probaby not order that again.

Teresa returned at 3pm.

I watched a special on CNN about the 1918 Influenza pandemic. Some unbelievable things: 1) Nurses made masks from gauze and when they put it on they positioned it below their nose. 2) There was a war going on and President Woodrow Wilson never mentioned the virus once.

 

The US has 17,401,776 ð 17,679,050 ð 17,876,395 coronavirus cases with 312,500+ ð 316,200+ ð 317,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,482,072 ð 1,496,062 ð 1,507,222 cases with 40,019 ð 40,268 ð 40475 deaths. Medellin has 135,067 ð 136,020 ð 136,997 cases, an increase of 977 from December 19th to 20th.  Envigado has a total of 11,669 cases, an increase of 179 from December 19th to 20th.

 

Joke of the day

A middle-aged Jewish man goes to his rabbi and says, "Rabbi, you gotta help me. It's my son. For 30 years he's a Jew, and now bam! He says he's a Christian!"

"Funny you should say that," the Rabbi replies. "I'm having the same problem with my kid. Let's go see Rabbi Rabinowitz, the Elder.”

So they go see Rabbi Rabinowitz. "Both of our sons say they're Christians now," says the younger Rabbi.

"Funny you should say that," the elder Rabbi says. "My son, too! 30 years of being a Jew, and now BAM! Let's go see Rabbi Spiegel, the eldest of all of us."

So the three go see Rabbi Spiegel. "Rabbi, all of our sons are going around saying they're Christians!" the men complain.

"Funny you should say that," says Rabbi Spiegel. "My son, 30 years he's a Jew, and then bam! He's a Christian now." The rabbi gets serious. "The only thing we can do is take this straight to Jehovah." And the Rabbi kneels and prays, "Oh mighty God, our sons have been good Jews for 30 years now, but now they're going around saying they're Christians!"

And a voice booms down from heaven: "Funny you should say that..."

No comments:

Post a Comment