Thursday, December 10, 2020

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up at 12:30, 2:30, and 6:15. (Teresa had closed the window and turned on the fan because of a noisy truck outside.) For the latter I took an Advil for eye discomfort and went back to bed finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Yesterday was the 3rd consecutive day without rain.

Teresa had already left for the gym.

Strange, I noticed I hadn’t posted to my blog for the past 3 days. I sure thought I did but I did it again anyway.

Marcos texted me that he won’t be walking because he’s dealing with Bancolombia this morning.

I left the apt at 9am and walked the back streets finishing through La Buena Mesa. After I returned to the apt complex I stopped at the gym to do 5-minutes of exercises. At 10am a guard stopped and I understood I have to make an appointment the day before. I left after completing only 2 of the 3 exercises I wanted to do.

Teresa called me at 10:15 and asked me to meet her at Mercado Madrid so she could pick up fruits and vegetables and I could pay for them.

I took my shower, dressed and walked down to Mercado Madrid. Teresa was waiting at the butcher counter for meat. I paid with my debit card and a young man pushed the cart of groceries back to our apt. One of our security guards took over and I guess it was the same one I ran into this morning because I heard him explaining how the gym reservations work.

The rain started at 1pm. After lunch I still had my headache so I took another Advil and took a nap for an hour or so. When I got up it was still (or again) raining. I left the apt at 3pm (it had just stopped raining) and I first stopped at Brooklyn Restaurant & Lounge where I paid 150mil for the 2 of us for Chistmas Eve dinner. I went next to Pepo’s Cake. She first interpreted my “small cake” request to be for a slice. I pointed to a small cake and then she started listing the flavors. Most were the more exotic fruits of Colombia but finally I chose the “tres leches” for 22mil.

I went to Parva where I had a café con leche while reading my chess book. After sitting under a fan for more than an hour I was positively chilled. I returned to the apt just before 5pm when Teresa gave me the bad news that she forgot to buy milk.

Teresa and I tied in parcheesi today 3 games to 3.

My eyes are so tired I’m probably going to turn in early.

I managed to watch an episode of Fargo then I went to bed at 8:30.

I got up several times during the night. At 10pm I checked my temperature – 38.1C (100.5F). I sent Dr. Rendon a text message asking when he could get me in tomorrow to look at my tooth.

 

The US has 14,925,374 ð 15,113,920 ð 15,355,164 coronavirus cases with 282,900+ ð 285,000+ ð 288,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,377,100 ð 1,384,610 ð 1,392,133 cases with 38,308 deaths. Medellin has 126,726 ð 127,090 ð 127,625 cases, an increase of 545 from December 8th to 9th.  Envigado has a total of 10,609 cases, an increase of 56 from December 8th to 9th.  New infections have plateaued locally (Medellin and Envigado).

 

Joke of the day

I just burned 2,000 calories.  That’s the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment