Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Monday, November 30, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, again at 6:30 finally getting up at 7am.

Teresa and I left the apt at 8:45 and walked to Parque Envigado. She walks a little faster than I so I have to hustle to keep up. At the park we split up, she going to the gym and I to Todo Drogas where I bought my medications for the month. At the copy center I bought a 2021 desk calendar and 10 money envelopes. At the bookstore I exchanged paperbacks for 2mil.

I walked to the mall and at the entrance to Bancolombia I was asked to take a seat outside. About 5-10 minutes later I was invited inside. I took my number and 10 minutes later I was at the cashier. I quickly and easily paid a few bills and received cash via World Remit to pay for the apt rental. I left and walked 100’ to Av Villas where after a 5-minute wait I paid for the apt.

I went to the nature store toward the metro exit and confirmed they have everything I will need in the future. (The significance of that is I won’t have to wait until 10am for the nature stores near Parque Envigado to open.) I bought a bottle of Melatonin and in my change she gave me about 2,500 pesos in small coins.

I went down to the 1st floor where I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa. I paid for my coffee with a lot of the change I had just received.

I went to Baloto to pay for Direct TV and the girl said something about only 8,900. I think I was trying to pay that bill too early. I’ll try later when I also have a Une or epm bill to pay.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

Just before 3am we had a few raindrops.

At 3:07 I heard a distant “boom” and we lost power again but it came back on 5 minutes later.

We ordered chicken from Frisby for dinner. I use the Rappi app to order and it’s automatically charged to my debit card. I understand the driver gets 4mil for delivery. I prefer to give a trip directly to the driver instead of adding it on the app. I was waiting for him when he arrived. I gave him 60mil and told him the difference is his tip. He seemed very appreciative to get a 6mil tip. It was about 45 minutes later when I realized what I had done. I had already paid for the chicken thus I had given him a 60mil tip. My bad but I couldn’t stop laughing. When I told Teresa, at first she told me I should call him. I told her its my fault and I need to learn a lesson. She finally agreed with me it’s a way to give a little something to the poor.

 

From the conservative publication, The National Review “The chief driver of the post-election contention of the past several weeks is the petulant refusal of one man to accept the verdict of the American people."

 

The US has 13,225,701 ð 13,383,373 ð 13,601,907 coronavirus cases with 265,200+ ð 266,300+ ð 267,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,299,613 ð 1,308,376 ð 1,316,806 cases with 36,766 deaths. Medellin has 120,603 ð 121,483 ð 122,139 cases, an increase of 656 from November 29th to 30th.  Envigado has a total of 10,083 cases, an increase of 83 from November 29th to 30th. New infections continue to creap up again.

 

Joke of the day

It was 1943 during WWII, and an Italian officer, an imperial Japanese officer and a German officer got captured.

They all sit in a cell and wait to be interrogated by the Allies.
The German says: "My superior genetics will let me withstand every torture! I won't tell them anything!"
The Japanese says: "I will never dishonor my country and tell them our secrets!"
The Italian says: "I guess I'm screwed."

First they pick the German and pull him out of the cell away from the others. The next day they bring him back with bruises and cuts everywhere and he says: "I have failed, I told them everything."

Next they pick the Japanese. Two days later they bring him back badly beaten up and in a bad condition. He says: "I have dishonored the emperor and I don't deserve this life! I told them everything."

Now they pick the Italian, who is already crying and asking for mercy. For two weeks they don't hear anything from the Italian and start wondering what happened to him.

Then they bring him back, in a horrible condition, barely alive and the guard says: "I would have never believed that you guys would speak and the Italian is the one who wouldn't say a word to us."

They throw him back in the cell and the German and the Japanese rush to him and ask what happened and why he didn't say anything.

The Italian answers: "Mamma mia, I wanted to tell them everything, but then they tied my hands behind my back!"

1 comment:

  1. Terry, there is fairly new research that concludes Melatonin is most effective in doses of 0.25 - 0.50 MG. I find 0.25 MG works best for me. The lowest Mg tablets I can find are 1.0 MG. I break them into quarters. A neighbor leaves for work around 4:30 AM. His very loud pickup awakes me up. Always had trouble getting back to sleep. I now pop another quarter tab of Melatonin and fall back to sleep quickly.

    I hope you and Teresa have very good holidays. Stay safe. Jack W.

    ReplyDelete