Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Monday, December 7, 2020

Today is Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Yesterday was a first whole day without rain. (Starting the count again.)

I reorganized the cables from the TV, Direct TV, Firestick, and computer going into the surge protector and put it on top of the Direct TV cable box. That opened up an outlet plug for the fan (under my desk) during the day and to recharge my cellphone at night.

I left the apt at 9:20 and walked the back way to Marcos’ apt. He’s still having problems 1) linking Wells Fargo with Bancolombia 2) getting the HDMI port fixed on his new television. We walked to Parque Envigado where he bought me a café con leche at a corner stand with outside tables. We returned to La Buena Mesa and he continued on to Mercado Madrid and I returned to my apt. That was a little over an hour walk.

I had a one-hour nap after lunch. My back always stiffens up again after lying down.

It’s 3:30 and the sun is already streaming inside. I checked the thermometer and it said 100 degrees. I don’t believe that; its just because its sitting in direct sunlight.

I was planning on going to the mall to pay some bills but Teresa begged me to go buy a cake so I changed my plans to go for coffee at Parva.

I left the apt at 4pm and walked to Pepo’s Cake but it was closed – probably closed on Mondays. I had something printed at the copy center then stopped at Parva for coffee while reading my chess book. I picked up a pastel de guayaba to go for Teresa.

I returned to the apt just before 6pm.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

We watched another episode season 3 of Fargo.

The fireworks started around 8pm and continued intermittently throughout the night.

I finished reading Michael Crichton’s The Andromeda Strain on my Nook. Maybe I’ll watch the movie again.

 

Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and President Trump’s personal and campaign lawyer, has tested positive for the coronavirus, Mr. Trump announced on Twitter on Sunday.

 

The US has 14,645,503 ð 14,759,800+ ð 14,925,374 coronavirus cases with 281,100+ ð 281,800+ ð 282,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,362,249 ð 1,371,103 ð 1,377,100 cases with 37,995 deaths. Medellin has 125,828 ð 126,376 ð 126,726 cases, an increase of 347 from December 6th to 7th.  Envigado has a total of 10,512 cases, an increase of 38 from December 6th to 7th.  New infections are decreasing.

 

Joke of the day

A guy gets a ticket to the Super Bowl but finds he’s in the nose-bleed section.  He spots an empty seat on the 50-yard line, runs down, and claims it.  “What a view!” he says to the elderly man seated next to him.  “Why would anyone pass this up?”

“It’s my wife’s,” says the older man.

“We’ve gone to the Super Bowl since we were married, but she passed away.

“I’m so sorry.  But couldn’t you find a friend to come with you?”

The older man shakes his head.  “They’re all at the funeral.”

No comments:

Post a Comment