Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Monday, December 14, 2020

Last night I fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, again just before 6am, I took a little melatonin, closed the bedroom window and turned on the fan (not aimed at my side of the bed, mainly just to distribute the air and make a little noise), finally waking/getting up at 7am.

My temperature was a normal 36.7C.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked the back streets to Marcos apt. He is still struggling to get his TV repaired and today he is making another trip to Bancolombia to try to get his account there connected to his Wells Fargo account. We walked to Parque Envigado where he got into a bank line that he estimated would be an hour. I walked through the park and up a block looking for a store that used to sell bags and backpacks. (I’m looking for a new over the shoulder tech bag to mainly carry my umbrella and sunglasses.) I didn’t find it.

I returned to La Buena Mesa and checked out the old El Tepito location. I saw a new sign, it’s going to be (is?) an Art & Pizza restaurant. I returned to the apt by 10:15.

I left the apt at 11:30 and took a taxi to Mayorca mall where I found Teresa in the Nike store. She seemed to find a couple exercise tops she liked but she walked out without them. She checked out Adidas and ProChampion without finding anything. We had lunch at J&C Delicias. I had the ground beef lasagna with a mango juice and Teresa had salmon with broccoli and avocado with a strawberry juice. It’s still a little difficult for me to chew with the inflammation at the roof of my mouth but I believe it is getting better.

After lunch, she did some more shopping but didn’t find anything. I told her I’m looking for a new tech bag and she took me inside Totto where I found a sufficient replacement for 99,900 pesos. We took a taxi back to the apt.

We each had a nap for about an hour and 15 minutes.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi 3 games to 2.

US vaccinations against Covid-19 started today as total deaths passed 300,000.

The Electoral College confirmed Joe Biden as the next President of the United States.

Attorney General William Barr resigned.

I made plans to play chess with Jose tomorrow.

 

The US has 16,067,449 ð 16,262,468 ð 16,477,271 coronavirus cases with 296,800+ ð 298,600+ ð 300,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,417,072 ð 1,425,774 ð 1,434,516 cases with 38,866 ð 39,053 ð 39,195 deaths. Medellin has 130,102  ð 130,533  ð 131,419 cases, an increase of 886 from December 13th to 14th.  Envigado has a total of 11,005 cases, an increase of 109 from December 14th to 15th.  

 

Joke of the day

One Monday morning the postman was walking through the neighborhood on his usual route delivering the mail.  As he approached one of the homes, he noticed that both cars were still in the driveway. 

His wonder was cut short by Craig, the homeowner, coming out with a load of empty beer, wine and spirit bottles for the recycling bin.

'Wow Craig, looks like you guys had one hell of a party last night,' the Postman commented. 

Craig, in obvious pain, replied, 'Actually we had it Saturday night. This is the first time I have felt like moving since 4 am Sunday morning. We had about 15 couples from around the neighborhood over for some weekend fun and it got a bit wild. We all got so drunk around midnight that we started playing WHO AM I?'

The Postman thought for a moment and said, 'How do you play WHO AM I?'

‘Well, all the guys go in the bedroom and come out one at a time covered with a sheet with only the 'family jewels' showing through a hole in the sheet. Then the women try to guess who it is.' 

The postman laughed and said, 'Sounds like fun, I'm sorry I missed it.' 

'Probably a good thing you did,' Craig responded, 'Your name came up seven times.

No comments:

Post a Comment