Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:45, woke up sometime just long enough to know that Teresa was sleeping next to me, got up once at 5am, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 5:45.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to Avenida Poblado. I had about a 10-minute wait for a bus. I got off at Parque Poblado and walked down to Carrera 43E and over to Ganso & Castor at 11A-30. Their menu is identical to the other locations. We thought the inside seating is a little tight so we were happy to be able to sit outside under one of their tents. Glenn had his usual eggs Benedict and I had my usual Acai berry bowl with granola, fruit and Greek yogurt. He has this cool “sonar” ringtone and I downloaded the 20th Century Fox theme song ringtone but didn’t know how to proceed from there. Next week we are going to try another place that Glenn knows about called Lizzette (sp?). We left about 10:15 and walked down to Avenida Las Vegas where we had a 10-minute wait for an Envigado bus. The driver asked us where we were going and we replied Jumbo in Envigado. Strangely, he asked everyone where they were going. Glenn got up to get off as we approached Jumbo and I got up to move to a closer seat to the exit. Good thing I did because the driver slammed on his brakes and I literally caught Glenn as he was falling toward the front of the bus. He got off at Jumbo and I got off just short of McDonald’s. I was surprised to see the driver turn at McDonald’s and head up the hill. Now I know why he was asking everyone where they were going because he changed the route. I could have stayed on for 2 more blocks. Lol.

I was back at the apt by 11am and Teresa was gone.

I found where “my files” are on my cellphone and I was able to successfully complete changing my ringtone.

 

I watched the Bears lose to the Lions 34-30. Damn their prevent defense. Not to mention taking a knee at the 10 yard line on a kickoff return.

Wow, I can’t remember the last time we had such strong sun coming in our balcony window. I guess its been unusually cloudy for months. We have something like 10 degrees of sun for when it comes in front of our building until it passes behind the building across the street. I can’t stay in that hot sun while sitting at my computer. I timed it and it didn’t go behind the building until 5pm. Next, I’ll try to make note of what time it starts.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 6 games to 2. (I had an incredible string of luck.)

At 6:45 Teresa surprised me by asking to go to McDonald’s. I asked if she’s sure its open for indoor seating. She said she saw people inside. I wouldn’t know as I usually walk behind it by cutting through the gas station. We changed clothes and walked to McDonald’s and it was open. They took our temp and gave us hand sanitizer as we entered. There were quite a few people there even though every other table is closed off. (They have some outdoor seating and a 2nd level.) She had her usual McChicken and an extra piece of fried chicken and I had my usual Big Mac. The total came to 39,200 pesos (about $11).

I demonstrated my new 20th Century Fox ringtone for Teresa.

When we returned to the apt the guard gave us our epm bill.

 

The US has 14,331,210 ð 14,645,503 ð 14,759,800+ coronavirus cases with 277,600+ ð 281,100+ ð 281,800+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,352,607 ð 1,362,249 ð 1,371,103 cases with 37,808 deaths. Medellin has 125,046 ð 125,828 126,376 ð cases, an increase of 523 from December 5th to 6th.  Envigado has a total of 10,474 cases, an increase of 45 from December 5th to 6th.  New infections appear to be decreasing again.

 

Joke of the day

To the guy who stole my antidepressants: I hope you’re happy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment