Sunday, December 6, 2020

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, had the beginning of calf cramps again, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

2 days without any rain here; maybe the rainy season is over?

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked my usual back streets and finished with a few exercises in our gym, returning to the apt by 9:30.

Teresa is having lunch with a friend who is celebrating her birthday so I made plans to meet Glenn for lunch at Ganso & Castor in ciudad de rio.

I left the apt at noon and had about a 10-minute wait for a bus.

I arrived at Ganso & Castor by 12:30 and Glenn was waiting for me. We each tried their BLT which, although a little chewy, was pretty good. I also had a glass of fresh mango juice for a total of about 45mil. We left about 2:30 and took a bus back to Envigado. Glenn and Bianca got off just before Jumbo and I got off at McDonald’s. I walked up the hill to Brooklyn Restaurant & Lounge where I made a dinner reservation for 5pm on Christmas Eve. I forgot you need to prepay but they took my reservation anyway.

I went to Parva where I had a café con leche while reading my chess book. I left about 4pm and stopped at the bakery (Pepo’s Cake) to buy a small cake but there was a long line. (Another time.) I returned to the apt by 4:15 and picked up a Gente newspaper in the porteria.

Teresa didn’t meet her friend for lunch so they are going to get together this evening.

I gave myself my monthly haircut in about 15 minutes.

Teresa left at 6pm to visit with her friend.

I left the apt at 7pm and walked to the mall. I had their Tex-Mex Nachos with an iced tea at Sport Wings. I picked up 3 packages of blueberries in Exito then got in a 15-minute line to take a taxi back to the apt.

As usual I walked out onto the balcony before going to bed and there was a light drizzle so we didn’t quite make it to 3 days without rain.

 

The US has 14,209,615 ð 14,331,210 ð 14,645,503 coronavirus cases with 276,200+ ð 277,600+ ð 281,100+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,343,322 ð 1,352,607 ð 1,362,249 cases with 37,633 deaths. Medellin has 124,425 ð 125,046 ð 125,828 cases, an increase of 717 from December 4th to 5th.  Envigado has a total of 10,423 cases, an increase of 61 from December 4th to 5th. New infections appear to have plateaued again.

 

Joke of the day

I’m proud to announce that my dream of becoming a criminal lawyer is halfway complete.  Just working on the lawyer part now.

No comments:

Post a Comment