Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, took quite a while to fall asleep, was awakened by Teresa’s snoring, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up about 5am and took half a sleeping pill, took at least 30 minutes to fall asleep, and finally Teresa woke me at 6:50am.

I left the apt at 8am and arrived at the mall by 8:15. I waited for Jose until 8:30 then ordered my breakfast at Habia Una Vez. He arrived 5 minutes later but just had coffee. I took half an Excedrin with my orange juice to try to ward off fatigue.

At 9am we went upstairs to the food court.

I had the white pieces in the first game and we played to a 53-move draw. Juan Carolos watched the end of the game and showed Jose where we went wrong in the endgame before he left.

For lunch I had a chicken wrap with fries and a small Coke from QBano. I took another half of an Excedrin as I was starting to feel fatigued.

In the 2nd game I had black and we played to a 55-move draw.

In both games he was ahead by a pawn in the endgame but I held on for the draw.

Jose left and I went downstairs for coffee at Todo Fresa. I could see the $2 bill in their tip jar with a few peso bills on top.

I picked up a few things in Exito and returned to the apt via taxi.

Teresa told me she wants to wait until 6pm to go to Pricesmart.

At 5pm the rain started, heavy with strong winds.

I have a strong attack in my 2nd correspondence game with Michael. He’s going to give my username to some of his friends and we’ll see if I soon have more opponents on Chess.com.

We left the apt at 6:30 and due to heavy traffic (and an accident according to the taxi driver) arrived in 45 minutes.

We picked up 3 bags of product plus eggs and her almond milk.

It was about a 35-minute ride back to the apt.

 

The US has 19,092,658 ð 19,265,716 ð 19,421,685 coronavirus cases with 332,600+ ð 334,100+ ð 336,400 deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,594,497 ð 1,603,807 ð 1,614,822 cases with 42,171 ð 42,374 ð 42,620 deaths. Medellin has 143,224 ð 143,949 ð 144,946 cases, an increase of 645 from December 28th to 29th. Envigado has a total of 12,679 cases, an increase of 66 from December 28th to 29th.

Joke of the day

A New York attorney representing a wealthy art collector called his client.

He says, "John, I have some good news and some bad news."

The art collector replied, "I've had an awful day; let's hear the good news first."

The attorney said, "Well, I met with your wife today, and she informed me that she invested $5,000 in two pictures that she thinks will bring a minimum of $15-20 million. I think she could be right."

John replied enthusiastically, "Well done! My wife is a brilliant businesswoman! You've just made my day. Now that I know that I can handle the bad news, you mind telling me what it is?"

The attorney replied, "The pictures are of you and your secretary."

No comments:

Post a Comment