Saturday, December 5, 2020

Friday, December 4, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up three times during the night, didn’t sleep soundly, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Today is my daughter’s 33rd birthday. Happy Birthday Jeannie!

Teresa informed me we don’t have running water.

Wow, unless I somehow missed it, we just went 24 hours without any rain.

Without a shower (eww) I left the apt at 8:30 and in the elevator realized I forgot my chess book. I went back and also picked up a couple of paper towels and stuffed them in my back pocket. Outside the porteria I observed a worker with a large wrench filling a bucket from the fire hydrant and pouring it into a wheelbarrow.

I said “hello” to Herman as he was setting up his orange juice stand. Inside a mall restroom I washed my face best I could and dried it with my paper towels. I had the complete breakfast at Habia Una Vez. I recycled a plastic Coke bottle then had a café con leche in Todo Fresa while studying my chess book.

Teresa called me about 11am to inform me that water was back on but it was dirty. I told her to let it run for a minute and it would probably be clean.

Paying for my coffee I gave the cashier 20mil for my 4,500 pesos coffee. She gave me change of 500 pesos, a 5mil bill and a 20mil bill. I held out the 20mil bill and she realized her mistake, thanked me profusely and gave me a 10mil bill.

In Exito I bought a large box of 48 eggs and returned to the apt by taxi.

We got our new Tigo/Une bill and it’s only 4,500 pesos higher than before and it confirmed our new internet speed is 60Mbps.

To save space I uninstalled SlingPlayer for Web. (Why not, I’m no longer using the SlingPlayer in my son’s apartment in Chicago.)

Per Medellin Guru “Colombia is buying 10 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from Pfizer for about $130 million USD with the first vaccinations to start in mid-January.”

I often need to increase my headphone volume a little beyond 100% so I googled how and then installed VLC Media Player. I ended up just increasing the volume in Movies & TV.

Teresa and I started watching season 3 of Fargo (8.9).

 

After case numbers fell steadily in April and May, cases in the United States are growing again at about the same rapid pace as when infections were exploding in New York City in late March. But the hotspots are now mainly spread across the southern and western parts of the country.

 

The US has 13,988,484 ð 14,209,615 ð 14,331,210 coronavirus cases with 273,300+ ð 276,200+ ð 277,600+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,334,089 ð 1,343,322 ð 1,352,607 cases with 37,467 deaths. Medellin has 123,722 ð 124,425 ð 125,046 cases, an increase of 621 from December to 3rd to 4th. Envigado has a total of 10,357 cases, an increase of 98 from December 3rd to 4th.

 

Joke of the day

I saw a police officer dressed as a pilot today and thought that was weird.  Then I realized he must be one of those “plane clothes cops.”

No comments:

Post a Comment