Sunday, December 13, 2020

Saturday, December 12, 2020

I slept well, got up once at 3:30am. My temperature was 36.5. I read a book for about 30 minutes and went back to bed. I slept well, finally waking/getting up at 8:15. My temperature was a normal (36.3).

Teresa is going to the gym and if I still feel normal, I’ll be going to the mall around 10am to pay the bills.

Some things I forgot to mention.

  • I don’t recall it raining the past few days but it just started drizzling.
  • My back hasn’t felt stiff in the morning the past few days. The only thing I’ve done differently is I’ve been taking ibuprofen.
  • I haven’t kept up with recording Covid-19 infections and deaths so I’ll be starting over tonight.

 

I left the apt at 10:30 wearing my jacket and with my small umbrella even though at most I would say it was dripping rain. I said a quick “hi” to Herman and as I crossed Avenida Las Vegas the rain started coming down harder. I had just taken off my jacket as I was starting to perspire so I just gutted it out until I reached the mall. (I could now see what the hidden construction was going on just outside the main entrance – they built a rain protection overhang with a few cement seats for those waiting in line for a taxi.) I made an ATM withdrawal, paid the cellphone bills in Claro and outside the mall I paid the remainder of the monthly bills at Baloto. In Exito I bought 3 bags of milk and a package of napkins and returned to the apt by 11:30 by taxi.

My brother’s girlfriend texted me that his good friend Brett Coleman died of Covid-19 at the age of 68. Sad time we live in.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 1.

I am eating although I really haven’t gotten my appetite back. My temperature elevates a little in the evening but it still appears to be near normal.

We finished watching season 3 of Fargo.

I’ve been asking Teresa when we are going to meet Alejandro and Esmeralda for his gradutation party. Finally, she talked to Esmeralda and then reported that we’re going to someone’s house for a party with 20 other people. I told her that’s not going to happen. Being I’m male, overweight, and 75 years old I’m high-risk for serious complications if I catch Covid-19. I told her we’ll meet with them separately at a restaurant sometime next week.

 

The US has 16,067,449 coronavirus cases with 296,800+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,417,072 cases with 38,866 deaths. Medellin has 130,102 cases, an increase of 1,160 from December 11th to 12th.  Envigado has a total of 10,761 cases, an increase of 30 from December 11th to 12th.  

1 comment:

  1. Very glad to hear you are feeling better. I totally agree with you for not wanting to go to the party. Stay safe.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete