Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, was woken up at 3:30 by fireworks, got up once at 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Teresa left for the gym at 7:30.

I left at 8:45 and walking past Parva they were mopping the floors inside and out. I asked if they would be open for seating in 15 minutes and was told “no”. I printed a few pages at the copy center then had a café con leche at Aymará. I read some of a Readers Digest then returned to the apt.

For lunch we had chicken fajitas with the leftover chicken from Frisby.

I left just before 2pm and met Glenn across the street from Jumbo on Avenida Las Vegas. I followed him further north then down a back street to Parque Santa Maria de Los Angeles. Bianca played with other dogs for awhile then we took an outside table of a cafeteria. The waiter said they didn’t have electricity so we each ordered a bottle of water. We chatted for about an hour then he left a different way and I retraced my steps back to my apt.

I texted Jose and he said he’s very tired and he’s resting at home.

I watched The Coldest Game (6.1) – not very good.

About 5:15 it started raining but it didn’t last very long.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 4 games to 1. During the games I noticed the vision out of my right eye was a little blurry. I had just put in eye drops so I probably poked my eye with the bottle. We’ll see how it is tomorrow.

 

A federal vaccine advisory panel voted Tuesday to recommend that health-care workers and residents of long-term care facilities be the first to receive any Covid-19 vaccine doses from the limited supply that will be available initially.

 

In his column for the Daily Beast, conservative — and former Republican–  Matt Lewis taunted Donald Trump over his loss to former Vice President Joe Biden, reminding the president that he called his opponent “a loser” on the campaign trail and claimed it would be embarrassing to lose to him.

Under a headline reading, “A Question for Donald Trump: What Do You Call Someone Who Loses to ‘a Loser’?” Lewis rubbed the president’s face in the fact that his hubris and boasting are now coming back to bite him on the butt as he faces the humiliation of being a one-term president.

Lewis kicked off his column with a brutal: “Riddle me this, Donald: What does losing to a loser make you? It makes you the biggest loser.”

 

A prominent Ohio tea party leader has taken out a full-page ad in the Washington Times calling on President Donald Trump to temporarily suspend the Constitution and declare martial law to stage a “re-vote” of the 2020 presidential election.

 

The US has 13,383,373 ð 13,601,907 ð 13,693,774 coronavirus cases with 266,300+ ð 267,900+ ð 269,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,308,376 ð 1,316,806 ð 1,324,792 cases with 36,934 deaths. Medellin has 121,483 ð 122,139 ð 122,924 cases, an increase of 798 from November 30th to December 1st.  Envigado has a total of 10,159 cases, an increase of 75 from November 30th to December 1st.  New infections continue to creep up again.

 

Joke of the day

A man is dining in a fancy restaurant and there is a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He has been checking her out since he sat down but lacks the nerve to talk to her. 

Suddenly she sneezes, and her glass eye comes flying out of its socket towards the man. He reflexively reaches out, grabs it out of the air, and hands it back. 

"Oh my, I am so sorry," the woman says as she pops her eye back in place. "Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you," she says.

They enjoy a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards, they go to the theater followed by drinks. They talk, they laugh, she shares her deepest dreams and he shares his. She listens. After paying for everything, she asks him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap and stay for breakfast. They had a wonderful, wonderful time. 

The next morning, she cooks a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy is amazed! Everything had been SO incredible! "You know, "he said, "you are the perfect woman. Are you this nice to every guy you meet? " 

"No," she replies. "You just happened to catch my eye."

No comments:

Post a Comment