Sunday, December 20, 2020

Saturday, December 19, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:30 despite the loud music outside. (You’d think it was Saturday night!) When Teresa came to bed a few minutes later she closed the window and turned on the fan. Good move. I fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

After breakfast I had a little nap of about 20 minutes.

Teresa left at 9:30 for a 10am gym class. I left a few minutes later for the mall. I stopped first at the tienda naturista but they were temporarily out of L-Arginine. I recycled my old l-arginina bottle then had a café con leche in Todo Fresa. I left at 11:15 and stopped outside the mall entrance to purchase another small bottle of hand sanitizer for 4,900 pesos. I purchased eggs, milk, and a head of lettuce in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

After lunch I tried to take a nap. I didn’t think I was successful but an hour sure went by awful fast.

I left the apt at 4pm and walked to Parva where I bought a loaf of pan de sano and had a café con leche while sitting outside reading my chess book. I finished the next to last chapter. While there, James friend Johnathon came by with another friend Doug. We chatted a while. Doug was just visiting but had quite a few questions about buying property and living here. I returned to the apt by 5:30.

Teresa was engrossed in some of her own Youtube videos on her cellphone and wasn’t interested in watching another episode of Fargo.

For supper, we finally agreed on ordering burgers from McDonald’s but I couldn’t find them on the Rappi app. I downloaded a McD app but logging in required a zipcode so that didn’t work. I found a McD Latino app but with that I couldn’t get out of the app without rebooting m cellphone so I just uninstalled that also. We ended up just having a bowl of hot oatmeal.

 

The US has 17,195,268 ð 17,401,776 ð 17,679,050 coronavirus cases with 310,100+ ð 312,500+ ð 316,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,468,795 ð 1,482,072 ð 1,496,062 cases with 39,787 ð 40,019 ð 40,268 deaths. Medellin has 134,105 ð 135,067 ð 136,020 cases, an increase of 952 from December 18th to 19th.  Envigado has a total of 11,490 cases, an increase of 109 from December 18th to 19th.

 

Joke of the day

At a winery, the regular taster died and the director started looking for a new one to hire.
A drunkard with a ragged, dirty look came in to apply for the position. The director of the winery wondered how to send him away. He gave him a glass of wine to drink.

The drunk tried it and said, “It's a Muscat, three years old, grown on a north slope, matured in steel containers. Low grade, but acceptable.”

"That's correct", said the boss. Another glass...
“This is a Cabernet, eight years old, a south-western slope, oak barrels, matured at 8 degrees. Requires three more years for the finest results.”

"Correct." A third glass... "It's a Pinot Blanc Champagne, high grade and exclusive,'' the drunk said calmly.

The director was astonished. He winked at his secretary, secretly suggesting something. She left the room and came back in with a glass of urine.

The alcoholic tried it. "It's a blond, 26 years old, three months pregnant and if I don't get the job I'll name the father."

No comments:

Post a Comment