Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

Uh-oh, the 200mg ibuprofen (Advil) I thought I bought in the El Tesoro pharmacy last week turned out to be 500mg acetaminophen (Tylenol). Fortunately, I only bought a small package of 10 tablets.

Hmmm, I made a Christmas Eve dinner reservation that I prepaid 150mil. I wonder what’s going to happen with that with these new pico y cedula rules.

Jose called just after 8:30 wanting to know what happened to me. I explained about the new pico y cedula that starts today and that I called him last night. He told me no one checked his cedula as he entered. After he talked to Teresa I told him I’d be there by 9:15. They didn’t check my cedula as I entered – it was just the same as always. We went right up to the food court and chatted for a bit.

I had the black pieces in the first game and I played the Dutch defense. His 22nd – 24th moves were a little weak and I capitalized on them and he resigned on the 33rd move.

For lunch I talked to the Tipico Antojo cashier about an arepa rellena without the top arepa. When I was buzzed to pick up my order he informed me they don’t have any arepas today. I asked him if they could just put the chicken and ingredients in a bowl and he agreed. I was surprised I had to wait so long – a lot of people picked up their orders ahead of me – eventually my order came on a plate. There were strips of grilled chicken breast and some pieces of avocado which I ate. There was also some type potato-like thing mixed with a little cheese that I didn’t care for. He included a sample glass of some exotic juice that I didn’t like. Lastly, the bottle of water was carbonated and I had asked for it “sin gas”. My bad, I should have checked.

I had the white pieces in the second game and I played the London System. It was a good contest until I blundered my queen on my 31st move.

Jose left for his apt and I went downstairs where I had my usual café con leche in Todo Fresa.

After I left I bought a few things in Exito and returned to the apt via taxi.

 

The US has 17,876,395 ð 17,986,703 ð 18,188,744 coronavirus cases with 317,700+ ð 318,700+ ð 321,600+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,507,222 ð 1,518,067 ð 1,530,593 cases with 40,475  ð 40,680 ð 40,931 deaths. Medellin has 136,997  ð 138,102 ð 139,140 cases, an increase of 1,033 from December 21st to 22nd. Envigado has a total of 11,935 cases, an increase of 165 from December 21st to 22nd.

 

Joke of the day

A man is walking home late at night when he sees a woman in the shadows.

"Fifty bucks," she says.

He's never been with a hooker before, but he decides what the hell. They're going at it for a minute when all of a sudden, a light flashes on them... it's a police officer.

"What's going on here, people?" asks the officer.

"I'm making love to my wife," the man answers indignantly.

"Oh, I'm sorry," says the cop, "I didn't know."

"Well," said the man, "neither did I until you shined that light in her face."

No comments:

Post a Comment