Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, only catnapped because of the fireworks, got up the first time at 2am, fell asleep quickly after, got up a 2nd time at 6am, finally getting up at 6:30.

Yesterday was the 2nd consecutive day without rain.

Today is a holiday – Feast of the Immaculate Conception.

Jose texted me at 7:15 to tell me he’s not going to be able to meet me for chess today “because he did not wake up well”.

I left the apt at 8am anyway and walked to the mall. Strangely, there was a haphazard line along the east and north outside walls but instead of an orderly line I saw small groups of people together. I had no idea what that was about. When I reached the mall entrance the security gate was down but the ramp was open. I went through the biosecurity protocols and sat down at a table in Habia Una Vez. I waited a few minutes for them to get set up then ordered their complete breakfast for 10mil.

When I left the café I saw a group of people outside one of the small stores I hadn’t noticed before. A security guard guided another group to the parking garage and then they disappeared around a corner.

I went upstairs and recycled a plastic Coke bottle then went inside Todo Fresa for a café con leche while reading my chess book.

As I was leaving, Teresa called me and asked me to pick up a head of lettuce from Exito for lunch.

I first checked the Baloto kiosk and found it closed so I guess I’ll have to pay my bills another day. In Exito I picked up a package of fajitas and head of lettuce and returned to the apt by taxi.

I had a 45-minute nap before lunch.

For lunch today Teresa served me beets which I refused to eat so now she understands not to serve me beets.

The sun creeped onto my desk by almost 3pm but then it got cloudy. (It’s not just that the sun has to get past our building, it also has to get past our balcony overhang.) So my best guess so far is from 3pm to 5pm.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 4 games to 2.

Uh-oh, 9pm and I heard more fireworks.

 

The US has 14,759,800+ ð 14,925,374 ð 15,113,920 coronavirus cases with 281,800+ ð 282,900+ ð 285,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,371,103 ð 1,377,100 ð 1,384,610 cases with 38,158 deaths. Medellin has 126,376 ð 126,726 ð 127,090 cases, an increase of 361 from December 7th to 8th.  Envigado has a total of 10,553 cases, an increase of 41 from December 7th to 8th.  New infections have plateaued locally (Medellin and Envigado).

 

Joke of the day

Whoever came up with the idea of combining diamonds with marriage must have been pretty smart.  What better to symbolize marriage than the hardest thing known to mankind?

No comments:

Post a Comment