Saturday, July 25, 2015

Friday, July 24th, 2015



I slept well, only getting up once about 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

I definitely have a cold.  Teresa called Laura and asked her to pick up some medicine for me.  Teresa calls this gripe although my translator says that means flu and I know this isn’t flu.  She put a scarf around my neck to keep me warm.

Among today’s new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, Ant-Man (8.1) is playing in El Tesoro.

There is a new wasp nest near the door to the finca.  Teresa mixed up some Fab detergent with water and threw it on it, stepped on the stunned wasps and then knocked down the nest.

A few minutes later Teresa showed me a wasp caught in a spider’s web.  It was interesting to see the wasp struggle to get out of the web and the spider manuevering back and forth towards and away from the wasp and its stinger.

I took a nap from 2:30 to 3:30.

Teresa’s been making me hot lemonade to drink for my cold.  She went next door to the neighbor’s house to get more lemons from a tree.  I thought they were small oranges.  When she came back she gave me pieces of the fruit.  It wasn’t sour enough to be a lemon but it wasn’t sweet enough to be an orange.  Some type of wild local hybrid I guess.

I watched more episodes of House of Cards.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment