Thursday, July 16, 2015

Wednesday, July 15th, 2015



I got up 2 or 3 times during the night and had a difficult time getting back to sleep from about 3 to 5 am.  I finally woke up at 8:05 and got up at 8:25.

We left the finca at 11:30.  It was an unusually cool and overcast morning; what some Colombians would refer to as cold.  Teresa brought the small umbrella and a jacket.  At the neighbor’s the black dog was sitting there but didn’t get up and come out from behind the fence.  Maybe he was missing his friend, the rottweiler.

It started raining lightly but we only had to wait 5-10 minutes for a bus to Envigado.  Since we were 40 minutes early we had the taxi driver take us directly to Todo Drogas where I bought another package of Tamsulosin for 36,900.  I added an additional 20mil to my cell phone at a Gana booth.  We stopped at an internet café where I printed some real estate documents for a possible Home Modification.  

We met Neil waiting outside Carbón de Leña 10 minutes to 1.  Teresa and I had the menu of the day and Neil ordered chicken breast although what they brought him wasn’t much different than what we had.  If I remember correctly, Neil is from Georgia and is married to a Colombian lady from Envigado.  They’ve been married 11 years and have a son.  He has visited Envigado a number of times before and has been to other Colombia locations such as Cartagena and the coffee region.  We talked a lot about the requirements necessary to move to Colombia.  We finally said our goodbyes about 3:10 but I’ll probably see him again before he leaves at the end of the month.

When we left, Teresa wanted to stop for ice cream which we did at Encanto Frutal where we shared a fruit salad with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream for 8,500.

We took a bus to El Poblado where we arrived at the eye doctor’s 5 minutes late.  We knocked on the door several times and finally the door across the hall opened and the eye doctor’s receptionist came out and opened the eye doctor’s office.

When it was my turn she inspected my eye and said everything looked good.  When I told her I now have a couple floaters she said it is debris from the laster procedure.  She dilated my pupil and looked again and said she won’t be able to remove the floaters.  There was no charge for this followup appointment.  

We walked across the street to Torre Medica where I took cash out of the Servibanca ATM machine.  Once again it was all in 10s and 20s.

We walked a couple blocks to the Exito Express where we picked up some necessary food stuff for 78,900.  Then Teresa got in line again to buy garbage bags to combine all of them into one.

We took a taxi to the highway and were quickly on a bus back to the finca.  Unfortunately it stopped in Caldas for 15 minutes so we lost our chance to get back to the finca before dark.

We got past the killer dogs undetected.

Even though we had seen stars when we were walking up the hill, it started raining at 9:25.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Black is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment