Monday, July 6, 2015

Saturday, July 4th, 2015



Happy Independence Day!

I have a feeling I’m going to miss the fireworks again this year.

We left the finca at 8:10 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  The new road is open and the workers are tearing up part of the old “new road”. 
 
After a 10 minute wait we were on a bus to Caldas.  On the street Teresa saw a man painting a wrought iron fence so she stopped and got his name (Carlos Quicero) and number (311 629 1874) so he can paint the finca.
We stopped at Aymará where I had a strawberry waffle with coffee and Teresa had 2 chicken pastries with hot chocolate for 22,500.  I also bought a loaf of whole grain bread for 4,800.  

We spent about an hour at Merkepaisa.  I understand Teresa picked up extra fruits and vegetables in order to duplicate some of the fruit juices we had at Naturall Juices and Smoothies.  Walter was waiting for us when we came out.  We paid the electric bill (Une) of 130,714 and we made a stop a few blocks away to buy a medium bag of dog food.

He got up the hill only once having to stop.  We got out and gave him a push and he made it to the next section of the road.  He drove down to the stone walkway approaching the finca.  Where were the killer dogs?
We gave Don Carlos 150mil for trimming and cleaning the garden over the last 4 days.

Teresa made a fresh mango, banana, and papaya juice for lunch.
We started watching Safety Not Guaranteed (7.0) but she didn’t care for it so when she switched to watching TV I finished it.  Then I watched Courage Under Fire (6.6).

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Tequila is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment