Saturday, July 4, 2015

Friday, July 3rd, 2015



I slept through the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:35am.  I was only awakened briefly by Laura leaving early in the morning and Don Carlos trimming the garden.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Terminator Genesys (7.1).

Locally, I would like to see Terminator Genesys (7.1) and Jurassic World (7.4).

Don Carlos and his son were trimming the garden near the finca.  I gave Malu a dog biscuit in an attempt to show the terriers that he isn’t a threat.
We left the finca at 12:30 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  We had to wait 25 minutes in the hot sun for a bus to El Poblado.  (Btw, the first span of the bridge looks complete and they are working on the other lane.)  A taxi took us up to Torre Intermedica and we were an hour early for her 3pm appointment.

I took some cash out of the ATM and was surprised it was all in 10s and 20s.  First time that’s happened to me from a Bancolombia ATM.
We had a nice lunch at Il Capuccino for 30mil.

We got into Dr. Heinz Hiller’s office exactly at 3pm.  He gave Teresa some more leg injections for 140mil ($56) and we made another appointment for Wednesday, September 16th at 3:30.

We took a taxi to El Tesoro where Teresa spent 75 minutes looking at clothes in Zara.  She finally chose a couple blouses for a total of 119,800 ($48).

We stopped in their food court and had 3 fresh juice drinks at Cazuelitas for 17,100.  At one point I looked on the floor and saw 200 pesos which I scooped up right away.  Another lucky day!

We took a taxi down to the highway to wait for a bus.  There were two indians (always women; I’ve never seen any men) sitting on the sidewalk with their young kids.  The woman sitting nearest to me seemed to be hugging her child.  Teresa looked at her and said “how cute”.  I looked at them again and wondered if she was breast feeding the kid.  He was in the 3-4 year old range.  The next time I looked the boy got up, the woman straightened her dress, the boy moved to her other side, she popped out her left boob and the boy started sucking.

After 15 minutes a bus came and Teresa asked if they are going to Salinas (the name of her finca area).  Then a second bus came and Teresa talked to the driver; I’m not sure there were seats available.  Then I said “look” as a Tratam bus showed up.  She went over to it and I understood there weren’t any seats available but by then the other two buses were leaving.

We sat down on a bench and within a few minutes she made arrangements for a private driver (con effectivo) to take us and two other young men for 4mil each (only 1 mil more than the bus would charge).  This guy drove really fast and eventually passed all 3 of the other buses we had just seen.  But then he stopped for gas at a Zeuss station and 2 buses passed us.  When he continued he passed one of those because it had to make a stop.
At the side road workers were putting down another layer of asphalt on the new highway lane.

We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 8:15.
Yesterday I ordered a bunsen burner spark igniter to be sent to my son in Chicago so he can bring it here in August.  I got an email from the company because there is some problem.  They are only open M-F and it’s too late for tonight so I guess I’ll be calling them on Monday.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment