Friday, July 24, 2015

Thursday, July 23rd, 2015



I had a bad night, getting up 5 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:40.

It seems like I might have a cold because I can’t seem to clear my nose.

We left the finca at 12:10 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  Malu and another smaller dog came out from Don Carlos’ house.  I gave Malu a dog biscuit and the other dog seemed confused; did I just give Malu something to eat?

At the highway there were 3 buses, one right behind the other, that could take us to Medellin.  The first didn’t stop so I assume there weren’t any seats.  The second one picked us up and there were lots of seats.  At El Poblado we took a taxi to Santafe CC.

We stopped at Zara where Teresa found a dress for 59,900 ($21) and a blouse for Laura for 39,900 ($14).

We stopped at a nice restaurant named Cazuelitas in the food court where I ordered the lasagna for 23,950 and Teresa ordered the Paisa plate for 24,900.  Add 2 mango juices and the total came to 61,250 ($23).  That’s expensive for a Colombian meal which probably explains why they only have 4 tables.

We stopped in Carulla for a box of pasta, a package of ground beef, a package of Extra gum and something else I forget for 36,171.

We took a taxi down to El Poblado station and after a 10 minute wait we were on a direct bus back to the finca.  We had to sit over the transmission until a couple people failed to show up for their saved seats.

On our way up the hill Malu came out and I gave her another dog biscuit.  As we got even with the neighbor’s house the black dog came out and hassled us a little.

The daily close was 2833.83 Colombian Pesos per US Dollar which is a new high and the first close over 2800.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:15 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment