Thursday, July 23, 2015

Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015



I slept well despite getting up 2 or 3 times during the night.

We left the finca at 12:40, got past the killer dogs undetected and caught a bus after only a 5 minute wait.

We took a taxi from El Poblado and he took the side streets instead of Calle 10 and we were at the Habitacion mall 35 minutes early.  We had a light lunch of Ajiaco from La Hacienda for Teresa for 10,900 and a Frisnack from Frisby for 9,300 for me.

At 2:20 Teresa walked across the street to the beauty shop while I waited in the mall.  She told me her hair work would take 3-4 hours.

I added 20mil to my cell phone.

At 4:30 I stopped at Colsechas and ordered a large juice (banana, mango, and papaya with ice cream) for 6,400 ($2).  I thought Teresa might be ready for a cold drink.

While I was standing there a young lady who had previously ordered was giving me looks.  

A minute later her boyfriend joined her and he said “hi”.  His name is Dave and he is from Arizona.  The lady’s name is Claudia and she is Colombian with family in Medellin.  They were just heading to the same beauty shop so I went with them.  Dave and I talked a bit until Teresa was finished.  He says he liked Cartagena and the Rionegro area of Colombia.  I gave him my “business” card with my name, cell phone number and email address and he said he would contact me when he gets back to the States.

Teresa and I walked to Zona Dos where we picked up a few things from Carulla.

We had to wait about 15 minutes for a taxi to take us to the El Poblado station.  After only a 5 minute wait we were on a van back to the finca.  A man on the bus handed everyone a large package of wafer cookies and a small package of peanuts.  For a change I bought them for 3mil ($1.20).

Walking up the hill in the dark we were surprised by Malu.  She probably heard us goofing around on our way up the hill.  I gave her a dog biscuit and soon we got past the killer dogs before they heard us – too late for them.

I tried to make arrangements to meet with Neil again tomorrow for lunch but he’s busy most of the day.  Maybe next week.

I watched more episodes of House of Cards.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:15 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment