Saturday, August 29, 2015

Friday, August 28th, 2015



We had some heavy rain during the night.  I got up once at 3am, woke up at 6:54, 6 minutes before my alarm was due to go off.  After my shower and a granola breakfast we were out the door by 8:10 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  I was ahead of Teresa coming down the hill and immediately flagged down a bus to Caldas.  We walked a block to a nursery where Teresa picked out 2 large ceramic pots, a pot on a stand, some potting soil and mulch for about 135mil.  

While she was doing that I walked a block to Consumo where I bought a 4-pack of AAA batteries and a bag of powdered milk for 27mil.  Walter showed up with his taxi and Teresa went across the street and bought 2 33-pound bags of dog food for 73,600 pesos.

I sat in the front seat with the dog food because I believe his taxi has front wheel drive.  Driving up the hill he had to stop and back up twice, probably due to last night’s rain, before finally making it all the way up.  We were back at the finca by 10am and I gave him 25mil for his help.

Among the new US movie releases, I would like to see No Escape (6.9) and Z for Zachariah (6.4).  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

I took a nap from 11:30 to 1pm.

Teresa took a nap from 3 to 5.

I watched 50 First Dates (6.8).  I know I’ve seen pieces of it before but don’t remember (uh-oh) seeing the whole thing before.  Cute, unexpected ending.
I watched 3000 Miles to Graceland (5.9); it started slowly but then was worth watching.
I watched A League of their Own (7.2) with Tom Hanks.

The weekly close was 3,144.91 Colombian Pesos to the US Dollar; there was a big surge at the end so maybe the COP is going to fall closer to 3,000 next week.

T-shirt of the day: Don’t just dream of winning, prepare for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment