Monday, August 24, 2015

Sunday, August 23rd, 2015



I slept well despite getting up twice during the night and again at 7am to take my medicine, finally waking/getting up at 10am.

Teresa was watching a concert from England and got excited when she heard them playing Red, Red Wine.  She said she used to dance to that in San Andres.  She also mentioned there are a lot of Germans living there.

Today is a day when I can only have liquids.  I also have a bottle of medicine and I have to drink half at 2pm and the other half at 6pm.

I started watching Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (8.2).  This was my first movie using the VLC Media Player.  One problem I soon discovered is I couldn’t pause it without having to go back to the beginning when I restarted it.  Very inconvenient.

Even so, about 50 minutes into it I accidentally pressed some unknown keys on my keyboard and it started playing at something like 2 ½ times normal speed so I had to stop.

I started watching Stalin (7.2), another VLC movie but after 13 minutes I decided I would watch this 3 hour movie another time.
I started watching 21 Jump Street (7.2) but it was so stupid                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       I couldn’t continue so I started 2001: A Space Odyssey (8.3).

At 2:30 I drank ½ a bottle of Citromel – not sure what it is but it’s required for my procedure tomorrow.

I took a nap from 3:15 to 4:30.

At 5:15 it became obvious that Citromel is a diuretic.  I drank the other half at 6:30.  A second look at the bottle shows “laxante salino” or “saline laxative”.

After plugging up the toilet for about the 3rd time, Teresa admonished me not to put toilet paper in the toilet, but to put it in the waste basket beside the toilet.  I have noticed this in other residences.  The main problem I have with Colombia is their plumbing; in numerous ways including cold showers and leaking faucets.

I skipped the last 30 minutes of 2001: A Space Odyssey; just too much noise and special effects.

I started watching Backcountry (6.0) on Netflix.

It started raining at 10pm.

I’ve been wanting to find more information about when currencies are traded but whenever I google something like “currency exchange rate” I just get currency calculators.  Finally I went to wikipedia.org and found “Exchange rates are determined in the foreign exchange market, which is open to a wide range of different types of buyers and sellers where currency trading is continuous: 24 hours a day except weekends, i.e. trading from 20:15 GMT (3:15pm Colombia time) on Sunday until 22:00 GMT (5pm Colombia time) Friday.”  So, from now on, when I mention a “close for the day” I am referring to sometime in the evening.

It was still raining at midnight when I took my sleeping pills and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment