Sunday, August 30, 2015

Saturday, August 29th, 2015



I got up once at 4am, again at 7am (last time I have to get up early to take my prostate biopsy medicine) and then had trouble getting back to sleep, finally getting up at 10:25.

Teresa showed me a rat that the dogs had killed overnight.  (I tried to include a picture here but the Upload process doesn't seem to be working correctly.)


Laura left the finca at 11:30 for her English lesson with Jhon.

Yesterday morning I received a voice mail message on my magicJack Chicago number inquiring about an apartment.  Today I called them back and informed them the number they called isn’t the number they thought it was.

Teresa told me she would like us to go to Fredonia tomorrow then I’ll understand what this small town is like and we can attend mass there.  As long as it isn’t raining - she wants to leave the finca at 10am; probably right after breakfast.

On the news, there was something about an auto accident in Medellin involving Tom Cruise’s production company.

I watched Woody Allen’s A Midsummer Night’s Sex Comedy (6.7).  Woody Allen must be an acquired taste; I think I need more time!  Lol.

At 6:15 I tried to login to my Slingbox using Mozilla Firefox to watch the Chicago Bears game and I received the message “Your Slingbox has been disconnected because of a poor Internet connection.  Try connecting again.”  I tried using Internet Explorer and received the same message.  I tried both again with the same result so I finally watched it on my iPad.
At 7pm I took the last tablet required for my prostate biopsy.  Now I won’t have to wake up at 7am to take tablets anymore.

At halftime the Chicago Bears were losing 21-3 to the Cincinnati Bengals.  I tried again to login using my laptop but was unsuccessful.  I was going to recharge my iPad a little at halftime but I had 40% battery left (wish I’d paid more attention to what it was at the beginning of the game) so I decided to gamble on there being enough left to finish watching the game.
The Chicago Bears ended up losing 21 – 10 to the Cincinnati Bengals. 
I had 23% battery left at the end of the game so I guess an entire game would use up less than 40%.

From the Alfred Hitchcock Collection I decided to watch them chronologically starting with 1932’s Number Seventeen (5.9) but the sound quality wasn’t very good and one of the characters English was too British for me to understand so I gave up.

Next up was 1934’s Waltzes from Vienna (6.1) but it was too dated for me. I started watching 1935’s The 39 Steps (7.8).

No comments:

Post a Comment