Friday, August 21, 2015

Thursday, August 20th, 2015



It started raining just after I went to bed last night.  I got up once during the night finally waking/getting up at 8am.

Teresa talked to Leonardo and for some reason he isn’t coming today.
I took a nap from 10 to 11:30.

Not sure what’s going on but after lunch I understand we have to go to Envigado or Itagui eps – something to do with next Monday’s prostate exam.  And we are down to just 3,000 pesos on my cell phone.

We left the finca at 1:35, got past the killer dogs undetected, and were on a bus after a 10 minute wait.  I asked Teresa to confirm that we are getting off at Aguacatala in order to go to the Itagui clinic.  First she agreed then she told me we’re first going to the Envigado eps and then to the Itaqui eps.  We ended up getting off at the Mayorca CC and taking a taxi to the San Rafael Hospital in Itagui.  Teresa talked to a few people, got some new paperwork and made some copies.  Btw, the Menu of the Day in their restaurant/cafeteria was only 8,000 pesos (about $2.75).

We walked outside and she asked someone where the nearest Cosechas is so we could get a fresh fruit drink.  We were told to walk south 1, 2, 3, blocks and then turn left.  We did that but it wasn’t there.  Teresa asked someone else and after another 2-3 block walk we found it.  We were going to share a large mango, banana, and papaya juice with ice cream but after she tasted it she said it was too sweet so she ordered something different for herself.
I added 50mil to my cell phone but the lady there didn’t seem to like my bill so Teresa exchanged it with one of hers.

We walked a couple more blocks to a small grocery store where we bought butter (really margarine), a loaf of bread, and 3 packages of crackers.
We walked about 3 blocks to the highway where almost immediately we were on a Rapido Ochoa bus back to the finca.

On our way up the hill I saw a beautiful green bird with a macaw like beak in the trees.

We got past the killer dogs undetected and arrived back at the finca at 4:20pm.

According to tonight’s news, Tom Cruise arrived in Medellin this afternoon to make a movie.  I learned the following using google translate:
The Mission Impossible star is in town to record his new film Mena, a new production of the Medellin cartel and Pablo Escobar.

Mena is a thriller directed by Doug Liman and written by Gary Spinelli, about the life of Barry Seal, a former pilot of the TWA (Trans World Airlines) who became a drug dealer in the 1980s and was recruited then by the DEA to provide intelligence.

The film cost about $ 80 million is scheduled to be launched on January 6, 2017.
I assume Mena is just a working title.

I watched my 3rd favorite movie Contact with Jodie Foster (7.4).  Which reminds me, one interesting fact I forgot to mention about the movie Cast Away: 
During a Q&A session at USC, (Director) Robert Zemeckis was asked what was in the unopened package.  He replied that it was a waterproof, solar-powered satellite phone.   Lol.

It started raining just before 11pm.  I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment