Thursday, August 20, 2015

Wednesday, August 19th, 2015



I slept through the night only getting up once about 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

Leonardo was supposed to come this morning to fix the roof but I understood Teresa talked to him and he’s not coming today.
I took a nap from 10:45 to noon.

I watched my 2nd favorite movie – Cast Away (7.7) starring Tom Hanks.  Before that I read some reviews of the movie and got some interesting perspectives.  Mainly the movie is about Chuck’s ego thinking he can control time and he has to learn that he can’t.

Teresa showed me a few small, bright coins and asked me if they were from the US.  Right away I saw “50 pesos” on the coin and I told her we don’t have pesos in the US.  She insisted they were from the US, so I put on my glasses and got a flashlight to read the fine print and then I told her that they were from Colombia.  Lol.

Teresa informed me that Leonardo should be here tomorrow to fix the roof.

I had my last piece of sweat corn for dinner.  Thanks, Jim.

On the Colombian news there was a segment about the impact of the strong dollar on imported products – their example was AC Delco auto parts.

I watched PBS’s Mystery of Matter: Search for the Elements on USTVNow.  For some reason, about 2 hours into the program I lost my connection to the channel.  I got it back about 3 minutes later.

The Colombian Peso (COP) closed over 3,000 for the first time at 3,016.85 to the US Dollar (USD).

I took my sleeping pills at 11:15 and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment