Monday, August 3, 2015

Sunday, August 2nd, 2015



She did it to me again.  The plan was to leave the finca at 8am, have breakfast in Aymará, then buy groceries at Merkepaisa for the month of August.

I slept through the night, finally waking up at 6am.  At 6:45 I woke up Teresa.  Immediately she said let’s continue sleeping, and go to Caldas this afternoon.  Five seconds later she said we’ll go to Caldas tomorrow.  

We finally got up at 9am, had breakfast here and took our showers.  We left the finca at 10:15 and got past the killer dogs undetected.  

After a 10minute wait we were on a Caldas bus.  There were no seats so we stood near the entrance.  Teresa met a neighbor Girardo who I understood is her cousin who has a finca below hers.

At Merkepaisa I tried, unsuccessfully, to tell Teresa that the first thing she should do is take a number from the butcher department.  The store was very busy; should have gotten there earlier.  After a few minutes I finally had the opportunity to slip away and took number 95 and they were serving 83 so I figured we had a little time.  

There were a couple young ladies standing in the processed meats section.  One girl had on a Zenu blouse and hat and that is the name of a company that sells packages of hot dogs and other meats.  Another girl was wearing similar clothing for another company whose name matched packages of arepas.  Both just stood there and never did anything that I noticed.

I kept an eye on the ticker and when it read 93 I gave Teresa number 95.  When she got to the counter I saw they were serving 03 not 93.  Oops.  But they served her anyway.  

Walter was waiting for us when we left.  We stopped at Aymará where Teresa bought 3 chicken pastries for all of us.  We stopped at a pet store where she bought a medium sized bag of dog food which hopefully will last the month.

Walter was able to climb the sideroad without any problems today because the road was completely dry.  I feel it was close though as the car slipped a couple times.  Any wetness and I don’t think he would have made it.
Of course he helped us carry the groceries the last 100 yards to the finca and I gave him 25mil ($10) for his trouble.

I just saw a cute commercial for English lessons.  A young Colombian man comes down for breakfast and his parents speak only English and he freaks out.  Lol.

My cold is a little better today.  I don’t feel as much “stuff” in my nose today as I have the previous 3 days.

Teresa told me the muchacho, Leonardo, is coming Tuesday to continue working on the water tubes.

We watched some of the Bruce Jenner transitioning to Caitlyn Jenner interview with Diane Sawyer.

Laura came home and I made arrangements for her to meet us next Saturday night for dinner at Mu restaurant in Parque Lleras.

It doesn’t happen often, but tonight I was able to change my ip address and login to Netflix.

I started watching Snowpiercer (7.0).

I took my Dristan and my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment