Thursday, August 13, 2015

Wednesday, August 12th, 2015



I slept through the night, waking up when the dogs started barking about 6am, still awake when Teresa’s alarm went off at 7:30, finally walking/getting up at 8:30.

I made waffles for breakfast: each of us had 3 pieces and there were 3 pieces left over that Teresa wrapped up to eat later.

Michael called about noon.  He’s taking a taxi and when he’s near Caldas, he’ll call us and Teresa will give the taxi driver final directions to get to the road leading to the finca.

He called us at 12:30 and we met him down at the highway at 1:15.  






He said it cost him 30,000 pesos (about $10) and about 30 minutes to take a taxi from his hostel in El Pablado to the sideroad to the finca.  

The killer dogs hasseled us as we went by.

After we gave Michael a tour of the finca, I removed my computer and other stuff from my computer table and we sat down to play.  Both of us made obvious blunders and in the end we tied 3 games to 3.  While we were playing, Jim and Laura both worked on their language translators in her bedroom.  Jim also tried to contact Monica by Facebook to see if she had a friend so they could double date for dinner.

Laura came back about 1:30 and about 2 we all sat down for a lunch of frijoles, ribs, rice, salad, and mango juice.  Jim and I were still stuffed from breakfast but the others finished all their food.

About 5:15 Michael showed me how to access my new external hard drive that he filled up with movies, documentaries and some TV series that even includes Band of Brothers.

They left at 5:55 and the taxi was waiting for them by the highway.  Laura went with them to be dropped off in Envigado.  Teresa had called Walter and even though he was busy he sent his friend.  They were in the taxi by 6:10 and returned to the hostel for 30mil.

I watched the first 2 parts of Band of Brothers.

I thought I remembered Guatape being just a tad cooler than Medellin but Teresa thought I would be hotter and convinced me to wear shorts and sandals.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Home is where the music is loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment