Monday, August 10, 2015

Sunday, August 9th, 2015



We finally got up at 9am and had our cereal.

It was another cool overcast day.

We took a taxi to the hotel.  They told us their air conditioning didn’t work last night so they changed rooms.

We took a taxi to Laureles.  Because there were 5 of us, and they wanted a Spanish speaker with them, we had to take 2 taxis – Teresa and I in one and the others in the other taxi.  Because of the silleteros (sp?) parade the driver had to first go south to Aguacatala and then take Avenida 80 north.  At one point Teresa noticed a little rain on the windshield and she asked me if it wouldn’t be better to go directly to the pizza place instead of meeting at Exito Laureles and then walking there. I texted Michael but they were ahead of us and arrived at Exito Laureles and it had stopped misting anyway.  We walked through the park, past Jhon’s office and up the street where I showed them the building where my old apartments were.  We walked a couple more blocks to Pizza Americana.  Teresa and Laura had lasagna, I had a small pizza with double cheese and oregano and Michael and Jim shared a pepperoni.


When we left we walked over to Calle San Juan looking for inexpensive sunglasses for him.  We didn’t find them but I recharged my cell phone with 50mil.  We walked to the corner store and I finally reached Jhon.  He came over a few minutes later.  We sat and had a few drinks while talking to Jhon and sharing his philosophical views of life.  Jhon left and we walked over to Viva CC where once again we didn’t find any inexpensive sunglasses.
Teresa found a jeans jacket for sale in Ela for 84mil ($28).

We took taxis back to the hotel.  Traffic was probably heavy because the parade must have ended.  We decided to meet tomorrow at the hotel at noon and then go downtown to see Botero plaza and the Antioquia museum.  We said goodbye and took a taxi to Envigado where we caught a bus back to the finca.

We got past the killer dogs in the dark.

I took my sleeping pills at 10pm and we went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: Born to party, forced to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment