Saturday, November 28, 2015

Friday, November 27th, 2015



I had an awful night.  I’m not sure I slept at all last night.  Teresa got up about 7am and I got up about 9am.  I took 2 sleeping pills and went back to bed but I’m still not sure I slept.  I got up at 11am and at least I felt better.  

I checked the new US movie releases and I would like to see Trumbo (7.4) and Killing Them Safely (7.8).

Locally, Spectre, The Hunger Games, and Secret in their Eyes are playing at El Tesoro.

We left the finca at 12:55, got past the killer dogs undetected and only had to wait 1 minute for Walter to pick us up in his taxi.  This time we were smart enough to turn so that we were on the correct side of Avenida 80 for the clinic.  We got there at 1:10 for what I thought was a 3pm appointment.  We paid 2,500 pesos in one building and then went over to the other.  Teresa talked to someone and then reported something about “we have a bad appointment and have to return to Envigado.  And the urologist is here in Itagui but my biopsy results are in Envigado.”  We got our 2,500 pesos back and took a taxi to Envigado.

Teresa said I could play chess in the park while she got a new appointment in Nueva eps.  In the park I soon found the older man I had played against a few weeks ago.  After a short wait we played two games.  In the first game I had black and was able to play my opening.  I castled, he didn’t and I tied up the queen side and soon was pushing pawns toward his kingside.  I got him so cramped he was unable to move his rook, knight, or bishop.  I checked his king, he interposed with his queen, I checked a 2nd time with my knight and his king had to move away from his queen allowing me to capture it and that was that.  

In the 2nd game I had white and again was able to play my opening.  I tied up the queen side and the middle, we both castled kingside and again I pushed pawns at his king.  I also had a bishop, knight and my queen and pawns attacking his position and I traded appropriately so I could mate him with my strength of position.  Teresa came back for the last few minutes of the game.  I understand we have to go back to the clinic in Itagui early Monday morning.

We stopped in Frisby where Teresa ordered a chicken combo but then changed her order to the same as mine when I ordered a Friburrito and large Pepsi for 23,400.

We stopped at Exito where I picked up 2 packages of C batteries for a flashlight Teresa has and she picked up some arepas, eggs and a bottle of laundry detergent.

We took a taxi to the highway but had to wait 15 minutes for a bus.  We took a Montenegro bus for 4mil that dropped us off at the junction with Caldas.  After a 2 minute wait we were on another bus to the sideroad.  We got past the killer dogs just before it got dark and arrived back at the finca by 6:30.

I found that the C batteries aren’t large enough; I need D batteries.  We’ll exchange them the next time we visit Exito.

After a little discussion I think we’ve decided to go to Mayorca Sunday to see Secret in their Eyes (6.2) at 2:30pm.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 3108 against the dollar.
I took 3 sleeping pills at 10:30 and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Young and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment