Monday, November 2, 2015

Sunday, November 1st, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and got up once at 3:50am.  I couldn’t fall asleep again after that so at 6am I gave up and got up and took my shower.  Teresa will get up at 7am, or shortly thereafter, when the alarm goes off at 7am.

This morning the US turned their clocks back an hour so now Colombia’s time is the same as Eastern Time in the US so my usual noon Bears game will be starting at 1pm today.

We left the finca at 8:10am and were met by the two killer dogs just before Guillermo’s house.  They calmed down immediately and I gave a dog biscuit to each of them.  The rottweiler followed me up the hill and I gave him my last dog biscuit.

Well, now I see construction workers are tearing up the first southbound lanes they had built on the other side of the road.  I guess they were intended to be temporary.

We only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus to Caldas.  It looked like rain which would mean that Walter wouldn’t be able to get the taxi all the way up the hill and we’d have to carry everything up and down by ourselves.

In Caldas we walked a few blocks to Merkepaisa.  We filled a cart with groceries and Teresa paid about 480mil for them.  I know there are things we’ve held out from buying until we return again in the next week or so.
There were a lot of people out and about in Parque Caldas as we drove by but I didn’t see any tables with people playing chess.  We stopped at the pet store but it was so crowded we delayed purchasing more dog food but we did make a quick stop at the nursery where Teresa picked up a ceramic pot and metal stand.  She loves her plants.

We got up the sideroad only having to stop and have another go once before getting to the top.  We arrived back at the finca by 10:30.  I gave Walter 25mil for the ride and his help carrying things the last 50 yards to the finca.
Teresa and I took a nap from about 11am to noon.

On Direct TV today they are featuring an afternoon NFL game between the Oakland Raiders and the New York Jets.  Boring!

I scanned pictures of dog breeds on the internet and I believe what I thought was a rottweiler is actually a boxweiler – a cross between a boxer and a rottweiler with tan and black fur.  I haven't figured out the breed of the other dog yet.

The Bears lost to the Minnesota Vikings 23-20 in regulation.

I saw the end of the NY Giants vs New Orleans Saints game that was won by the latter 52-49 in regulation.

Teresa and I ate the last taffy apple.  It wasn’t too good because the apple had turned bad.  I ate it but Teresa just scraped off the caramel and peanuts and ate that.

It started raining here about 5pm.

Tonight there is a good NFL matchup – the 6-0 Packers at the 6-0 Broncos.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed at 11:30.

T-shirt of the day: Whatever, I’m getting French fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment