Monday, November 23, 2015

Sunday, November 22nd, 2015



I fell asleep rather quickly and didn’t wake up until 5am.  I fell asleep again and woke up to the 7am alarm.  Teresa pleaded for a few more minutes and said something about Exito and 10am.  Lying there I thought “I won’t be able to get back to sleep.  If she wanted a few more minutes we should have set the alarm for later.  And if I could fall asleep I might wake up late.”  I got up and after I came out of the shower Teresa was already up.

Even though it was a cool morning I wore a t-shirt since we weren’t seeing a doctor and this should be a quick trip to Envigado and back.

We left the finca at 8am and the German shepherd alerted the killer dogs and they were waiting for us as we approached Guillermo’s house.  I could see both of them salivating so that’s when I knew I’ve got them.  I gave each of them a dog biscuit and we continued up the hill.

On the way down the hill Teresa greeted and talked briefly with an older man and middle aged woman at Don Carlos’ old finca.  At the highway we only had to wait 5 minutes for a bus.

In Home Center Teresa picked up 2 cans of black paint used for painting metal.  I saw a Black & Decker Belgian waffle maker for 110mil; maybe some other day.  On our way to the garden to buy the white plant she’s been wanting we passed the Christmas displays.  She put the paint down and selected a plastic tube of 50 4” diameter gold colored plastic balls for 45mil and then a decorative LED lantern for 65mil.

We walked over to Exito and had a light breakfast in their cafeteria.  I had a croissant and coffee and Teresa had fish.  While waiting for her to bring the food I leafed through a recent issue of Jet-Set magazine and saw that a Leah Remini has a book out titled Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology which is now a #1 New York Times Bestseller.  Per Amazon The outspoken actress, talk show host, and reality television star offers up a no-holds-barred memoir, including an eye-opening insider account of her tumultuous and heart-wrenching thirty-year-plus association with the Church of Scientology.  So now she’s considered a “suppressive person” by the church.  We picked up some arepas, some ground beef and a small bottle of Coke and while I was waiting to pay for it Teresa stopped at the pharmacy and bought some medicine for Peluche.
We took a taxi to the highway and after a short wait were on an express bus back to the finca.  On the bus the bottom fell out of the plastic tube and several balls fell out and I was scrambling in the aisle and behind the seat to capture them all.

Walking up the hill we stopped at the new finca and Teresa talked to the old man – something about wrought iron plant holders I think.  On our way up the rest of the hill we saw men stringing new cable overhead.  Teresa said it was Une putting down internet cable for other fincas.

The killer dogs met us at Guillermo’s house and I gave each of them a dog biscuit.

About 40 minutes before game time I asked Teresa if the new cable they are laying might give me a stronger more reliable connection.  She suggested we go ask the young men.  Even though I was in my pajamas I put on gym shoes and we got past the killer dogs undetected.  At the top of the hill we saw the young men down by the highway and Teresa suggested I go down and ask them.  I didn’t like that idea for 3 reasons: 1) I was in my pajamas, 2) they might say something I wouldn’t understand and only if Teresa was with me could she maybe explain later, and 3) I would surely be sweating by the time I got back up the hill.

As we walked back to the finca and I had to pay another 2 dog biscuit toll.
I had a pretty good Slingbox connection today to see the game but at 3:30 a thunderstorm came through and I lost my internet connection when the Bears were inside their 10 yard line driving for a touchdown.  I got my connection back with 2:30 left to play just in time to see Jay Cutler get strip sacked.  Aarrgh!  The Bears lost to the Denver Broncos 17-15.

Teresa fed Peluche a tablet by wrapping it in a small piece of bread.  I understand it’s to reduce pain and lessen inflammation.

I played a few games of chess using my new Shredder app.  After I won each of the first two games it notified me that it was going to increase its strength.  After that I lost 3 games in a row and it lowered its strength each time.  It’s nice that eventually I will be playing against someone just about my strength.

We finished watching Gone Girl.  As far as I could tell it followed the book exactly.  I only found one possible plot hole; what was Desi Collings really doing the day Amy was kidnapped?  Of course imdb.com listed many more plot holes.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:15 and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: Twerk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment