Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Tuesday, November 24th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and woke up to barking at 6am.  I looked at my watch and immediately the alarm went off.  I got up right away to start the day as I understand Teresa wants to leave fairly early to go somewhere.

According to my iPad note Eddie is supposed to arrive back in Colombia, specifically Envigado, today.

At 8am it was only 60 degrees outside the finca.  We left the finca at 8:05 and gave the killer dogs a dog biscuit.  At the top of the hill the internet cable was still just over our heads.  At the new highway Teresa talked to a couple guys who I understood were installing the internet cable.  I understood they were to finish laying the cable today and that I should be able to get (automatically) better and/or more dependable internet service because of it.

We waited 15 minutes for a bus to Caldas that let us off at the highway side entrance and we walked the couple blocks into town.  On the way I bought a banana for 200 pesos to help ward off leg cramps.  In Merkepaisa Teresa picked up some ribs and vegetables and Walter was waiting for us as we came out.  We stopped at Aymara where Teresa picked up a couple slices of apple cake chicken pastries.  His taxi carried us up the hill without incident.  At the top of the hill I noticed that the cable was now strung high like the surrounding electric lines.

I opened the fence and he drove down to 100’ from the finca where the large rocks begin.  He helped us carry our 5 large bags and I gave him 20mil.

Eddie called in the afternoon.  I forgot that he has a room in Laureles not Envigado.  He gave me the contact information for the lady he rented his room from.  Maybe we can rent a room from her after some of my chess games next year.  It’s ironic that two years ago when we first met I was in Laureles and he was in Envigado and now it’s almost the opposite.

Since last week in Chess Magnet School I’ve improved from 26% to 38% towards my next promotion but those puzzles are very hard.

My NIU Huskies lost to the Ohio Bobcats 26-20.

I set the alarm for 7am, took 3 sleeping pills at 10pm and went to bed at 10:45.

T-shirt of the day: True love is like fashion – timeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment