Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Monday, November 9th, 2015



I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 5:30am when the terriers started barking which lasted for a little more than an hour.  I finally fell asleep again and woke/got up at 9:20am.

I hope we don’t have any rain today because this is the day they are supposed to repair/redo the sideroad.

At 11:10 it started raining – hard.  10 minutes later it tapered off to a slight drizzle and then stopped.

At 12:50 more thunder in the distance but no rain.

At 1:30 Laura came back with 2 small bags of dog food (enough for 2 days) and a 600ml bottle of Coke for me for tonight’s Bears game.  She also reported that no one is working on the sideroad today.  :(  She has a bad cold so after a little lunch she went right to bed.

I found that my Bears game is on Direct TV tonight.  We’ll see if it’s in English or Spanish.  In any case, later in the evening I’ll probably end up watching it on my Slingbox so the ladies can watch some of their programs.

In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Overlord.  This is the highest level I reached 2 years ago on this site.  There are only 2 more levels to achieve – Adept & Wizard.  Wish me luck!

I had Teresa call the antique store in Envigado but they couldn’t recommend someone that can cane chairs.

Teresa called Mimbre y Rattan and found they could finish my chairs in Mimbre (wicker) for 120mil, 90mil, or 50mil each.  She called Jamie and he will return to us 50mil towards finishing each chair.  Tomorrow we are going to Mimbre y Rattan to see what the difference in price is so we can choose which one we want.  We’re going early so we can also stop at the stadium to check on upcoming chess tournaments.  And I need to send a letter to SS from MBE in Poblado and Teresa has a 4pm dental appointment in El Tesoro.  Teresa said she doesn’t like the kitchen chairs and she would be happy if we had 4 more like the 2 chess chairs.  Let’s wait and get 2 done and then we’ll see about more.

I installed the last closet light above one of Teresa’s shelves where she’s going to keep her perfumes and stuff.

About 4:30 Teresa called Guillermo and then told me we’re going up the hill to get some lemons for Laura’s cold.  Because both of us were leaving, Peter went with us and then all the other terriers followed him.  Of course there was a back and forth battle between the terriers and both killer dogs but that left us free to get by.  No dog biscuit toll today.
The hill above Guillermo’s finca between a 45-60 degree angle and very slippery due to recent rains.  There were a few large orange lemons (?) out of reach on the top center of the tree but I gathered a few smaller greener ones.  Teresa sent me to another tree but after retrieving a few she determined they were oranges instead of lemons.

I started watching the Bears game using my Slingbox but it kept buffering and freezing so much I had to take over the TV from Laura who was watching the Spanish version of The Voice.  At least it was in English.

The Bears beat the San Diego Chargers 22-19 so now they are 3-5 on the season.  Next game up is next Sunday at 1pm (Eastern time) against the St. Louis Rams.

I found one long scratch across my whole left hand and halfway up my forearm.  At least it doesn’t hurt.

Because I drank 600ml of Coke and I was afraid the caffeine would keep me awake most of the night, at 11pm for the first time I took a 3mg sleeping pill instead of the usual 2, and went to bed at 11:45.

No comments:

Post a Comment