Thursday, November 5, 2015

Wednesday, November 4th, 2015



I fell asleep rather quickly getting up once at 3:50am; about 5 ½ hours isn’t bad for me.  I got up again about 6:30 and Teresa got up about 8am and I said I’ll be up in a few minutes.  I finally woke/got up 5 minutes to 10.

Laura didn’t make it to school again because of the heavy rain.

I found that my NIU Huskies beat the Toledo Rockets 32-27 for their first loss of the year.

Teresa told me to bring my towel back in because it was going to rain so I did and 15 minutes later it started raining but stopped about 10 minutes after.

We left the finca at 1:30.  I gave a dog biscuit to each of the large dogs but not the puppy.  :( The puppy looks so skinny I think he needs it the most.
After a 5 minute wait we were on a bus to El Poblado.  Traffic got real heavy just outside Medellin and it started raining but I told Teresa we still have time to get to her doctor’s appointment because it’s so close to the metro station.  Teresa said she saw the accident, I didn’t see anything but immediately the bus was able to move faster.  We got to the station at 1:45 and arrived at Dr. Hiller’s office exactly at 2pm.  Teresa went to the hallway waiting area while I went downstairs.  I took some cash out of the ATM although I had to scan my card numerous times before it was accepted.

At MBE I paid 87mil for November and December and picked up my pension deposit receipts, a Social Security benefits letter to renew my visa next month, and Social Security form #7161.

Back at Torre Intermedica Teresa was finished and waiting for me and I paid 145mil for her vein shot appointment.

We had lunch downstairs at the outdoor cafeteria for 30mil.  So for about $5.50 each we got a bowl of soup (I thought it was chicken vegetable but Teresa said it was tortilla), a small bowl of salad (cole slaw with 3 large tomato slices on top), a good sized portion of chicken breast, a large amount of rice, baked potato slices, and an 8 ounce cup of fresh juice.  It was so much food I wasn’t able to finish it.

We took a taxi down to the highway and after a 5 minute wait we were on a van/mini bus back to the finca.  At one point a man got on and passed out wafer cookies and packages of peanuts and I think he sold 4 of them.  Just outside Caldas a woman got on selling plastic sleeves with little sugar cookies for 1mil.  I think she only sold one and as she walked away from the vehicle it looked like she was starting to cry.  :(

At the base of the hill Teresa asked me to carry up a couple of small fence posts which slowed me down; it’s hard enough carrying myself up the hill.  We heard thunder in the distance on our way up.  We met a motorcycle coming down and a 4 wheel car going up.  A neighbor dog heard us coming and alerted the killer dogs.  I gave each of the large dogs a dog biscuit and again the puppy nothing.  He’s so skinny he needs it more than the others.  The boxweiler followed us down and started growling like he was expecting another dog biscuit.

We arrived back at the finca at 5:30 and it started raining a little at 6:30 and hard at 6:50 so we disconnected everything including the wifi.  It dwindled to a mild rain by 7:30 so we reconnected everything.

I had asked SS to send me form 7162 – Proof of Life – but they sent me form 7161 – for a person receiving benefits for a child or for an adult unable to handle funds.  I checked my notes and found this is the form that’s supposed to be used for recipients under the age of 90.

I watched Nova and then The Brain on PBS using USTVNow.

The COP is back over 2800 at 2837.

I took 2 sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

T-shirt of the day: I’m not opinionated.  I’m just always right.

No comments:

Post a Comment