Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thursday, November 19th, 2015



I had an awful night.  Not being able to get to sleep I finally got up about 1:30 and watched the end of the movie Ronin (7.3).  I went back to bed at 3am but got up at 3:30 and took 2 more sleeping pills.  I woke/got up at 9:30 when Teresa told me the veterinarian was here.  I understand they live right down the hill.  I put on my robe and outside was a young man and young woman.  We “tied” up Peluche so he wouldn’t bite anyone while the vet examined his leg.  If I understood correctly his leg isn’t broken but it’s inflammed from being bitten.  The vet also recommended we get Tony fixed (castrated) so he won’t be so aggressive.  He recommended the same for Peluche but I would wait on that one.  

I discovered while processing yesterday’s pictures that the dates were different on some of the pictures.  It appears that I had the AM/PM feature set incorrectly on my camera so I updated it.

When at 1:30 we heard a little thunder Teresa informed me we will cancel the dentist appointment if it’s raining.  It rains a little and then stops, rains a little then stops so I don’t think Teresa will make up her mind whether we are going or not until the last minute.

It stopped raining, I put on my jacket because it was so cool outside and we left the finca at 3pm.  The killer dogs came out as we were passing Guillermo’s house and I gave each of them a dog biscuit.  

We only had to wait a couple minutes for a bus.  I can see now that the new soccer field has concrete bleachers on the far side of the field.

We got to the dentist’s office 5 minutes ahead of our 4:45 appointment.
I went downstairs and took a little cash out of the ATM.  I stepped in the bookstore but didn’t see any new magazines at a good price.  I did see a Time magazine for about $5 but it was so thin I decided not to buy it.
We have another appointment for next Thursday at 4pm.

We stopped downstairs at O-Cake where Teresa had a chicken pastry and I had a chocolate chip cookie and small coffee.  We waited 40 minutes for Albero (Vicky’s husband) to show up.  Finally, we went into Carulla to pick up a few things.  I noticed they sell Arizona Iced Tea for the first time.
We came out about 30 minutes later as Albero was arriving.  I gave him 500mil that they are borrowing and will repay back on December 28th.

We went upstairs to have lunch at Crepes & Waffles but it was so busy we went nearby to J&C Delicias instead.  Teresa had a fish arepa and I had a chicken teriyaki arepa and juices for 57mil including tip.  Teresa pointed out a Colombian man sitting at a nearby table who was shoveling in his food pretty fast.

We took a taxi to the El Poblado station and after a short wait were on a Tratam bus back to the finca.

It was a sufficiently cool evening that I kept my jacket on as we walked up the hill.  There was a half moon so we were able to walk down past Guillermo’s house without my flashlight and we even managed to avoid the killer dogs.

We got back at 8:45.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment