Monday, November 16, 2015

Sunday, November 15th, 2015



It took a while to fall asleep, I got up once about 3am, finally waking/getting up at 9:20.

Teresa made French toast for breakfast.  I got her to add a teaspoon of sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract.  Like the French toast the man made yesterday I think they should be cooked a little longer so you don’t taste the ingredients inside.  I told her it also works better with stale bread.  Obviously this is a work in progress.

At 11:30 Teresa told me she wanted me to go with her for a walk down to the highway.  I understood it was just for exercise for my benefit.  (Just before that she talked to her friend Diana on the cell phone.)  We were confronted by the killer dogs and I gave the black dog another rawhide chew hoping that would keep him busy for awhile and a dog biscuit to the boxweiler.  Down at the highway Teresa kept on going, crossed to the other side where we got a good look at the work they are doing on the southbound lanes.  If I’d known we were coming here I would have brought my camera.
The depth of the roadbed compared to the shoulder went from just ankle high to 6 feet high at one point.  We had to wait a few minutes for traffic to clear enough so we could cross the highway again.  We walked up a dirt driveway where Teresa met a woman (Diana?).  There was what looked like a garage under construction and when I asked about she said it was going to be a garage/kiosk and I thought I saw where a small kitchen area would be in the back.  She took us up to her finca.  It isn’t as large as Teresa’s but it appears to be new, in fact it’s still under some construction.  It had a small living room, dining room, and kitchen downstairs and 3 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms upstairs.  One small bedroom had 2 sets of bunkbeds taking up almost all of the space.  She said something that sounded like the beds would be rented out so maybe she’s going to run a hostel here.  We sat outside awhile and she took several oranges off her trees and cut them up for us to eat right then and there.

We left about 12:15, the only killer dog to come out was the boxweiler and I gave him a dog biscuit.  I think Teresa is getting tired of my feeding the neighbor’s dogs even though I mean it as a goodwill mission.  By the time we got back to the finca at 12:30 I was sweating in my sweatsuit.  I found 2 new bites on my arm.

I started watching the Bears vs Rams game on my laptop until Teresa turned off the TV.  Then I turned it back on and redirected my laptop output to the TV.  At 1:50 a hard rainstorm came through and I lost my connection.  That only lasted 15 minutes and I could see the game again.  It started raining again about 2:20 and 5 minutes later I just got what seemed like individual photos slowly crossing the screen.

The Bears were ahead of the St. Louis Rams at halftime 24-10.  

Watching the game during the 3rd quarter was much better with only very minor problems.  Again it started crawling with about 6 minutes left in the game.  In the end the Bears won 37-13.

I wanted to have some hot sauce with my tortilla chips but nothing I tried would allow me to open that bottle.  Teresa and I both tried and even tried the two bottle openers my brother brought me but nothing worked.
So far I haven’t been able to remember the Spanish word for scissors – tijera.  What’s very funny is to hear Teresa try to say “scissors” – it sounds like “frisby”.

I finished Lawrence Wright’s 529 page Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief.  Including the epilogue the book was only 410 pages long, the rest was the author’s sources, notes, bibliography, etc.

While L. Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology, was a prolific writer of science fiction he was also a liar, a thief, an excessive masterbator (by his own admission), a polygamist, and with his books Dyanetics and Scientology he created a cult that today has even the IRS cowed.  And Tom Cruise, with his celebrity status, facilitates this “religion”.  Of course, that’s just my opinion, read the book and see if yours is different.

My son’s cousin Michael gave me a 611 page copy of M. Somerset Maugham’s Of Human Bondage to read.  It’s too big to carry around so I’ll just read it in the finca.

I took my sleeping pills at 11:30 and went to bed at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment