Thursday, November 12, 2015

Wednesday, November 11th, 2015



Happy Veteran’s Day!

I got up once at 5am but still no electricity.  I got up again at 9am but still no electricity.  Back in bed Teresa soon alerted me to the fact that the electricity was back on.  I waited 5 minutes before getting up again lest it should go out again soon.

Today I started my last jar of GNC’s Mega Men Prostate & Virility vitamins.  I have 90 vitamins left which should take me to about February 10th.  Today they were on sale at GNC for $9.99 each so I ordered 4 more bottles for $44.95 including taxes and shipping.  My brother offered to bring me more when he visits in February but I’m sure I’ll have lots of other things for him to bring.

I gave each of the terriers one of the small dog treats and I’m sure they all finished them.

It started raining at 1:30, seemed to die down at 1:55 but a minute later started coming down even harder.  It finally stopped about 3pm.

The dentist called and changed our appointment tomorrow to 5pm.

About 4:30 Teresa asked me to go up the hill with her to meet the workers who will install the kitchen cabinets.  All the terriers except Peter followed us until we got to Guillermo’s house.  The black dog came out and chased Peluche down the path.  The boxweiler just hung around with Tony right beside me as I tried to give him one of the rawhide chews that the terriers don’t care for.  He wasn’t interested either; maybe it’s too big for his mouth.  The black dog came up to me and took it and ran away.  I gave the boxweiler a dog biscuit and we continued up the hill with Tony walking beside us.

At the top of the hill it was rather cool while we watched the men finish up their work for the day on the sideroad.  They covered the cement section they had just completed with plastic sheets.

Teresa talked for a while with a man that had been working on it.  After about 15 minutes I got cold and headed back down the path.  As I passed Guillermo’s house not only did no dog come out to hassle me but I observed the black dog busy chewing on his rawhide bone.  I hope he’ll remember that came from me.

Teresa finally came back about 20 minutes later.  She asked when can the workers come another time and I suggested early tomorrow or Friday but she said not tomorrow.

The kitchen guys showed up at 7pm.  Three guys made a couple trips back and forth between their truck and the finca with parts for the kitchen.
It’s nice to see the Colombian Peso back over 2900 again.

The guys started putting everything together at 7:45.  At 8:30 I understood there was one part that was slightly too big.  They carried it outside and on the wet stones, without a ground fault interrupter, trimmed the piece with an electric planer.  Yikes!

James showed up at 9:15 with another guy and they used the planer many more times.

At 11:11 for the first time on TV I saw them draw the balls for a lottery.
My alma mater, the NIU Huskies, beat the Buffalo Bulls 41-30 to go 7-3 for the season.

The workers left at midnight.  There is still a little work to be done but they will return next Wednesday. I’m just surprised that Teresa paid James in full - and he didn’t take the chairs.

I’ll post pictures next week when the work is complete.

I took my sleeping pills at midnight and went to bed at 12:15.

No comments:

Post a Comment