Saturday, November 14, 2020

Friday, November 13, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 12:30am, again at 3:45, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

It’s obvious we got some rain overnight.

Last night I tried to help Teresa make a gym appointment for today but for some reason the process seemed to have changed and I was unsuccessful.

My internet speed is still 10Mbps.

Today I received the following comment on my blog:

Hi Terry. I was a high school classmate of Alex ("Sasha") Besher's in Kobe, Japan (class of 1967). Most members of our small class keep in touch via an email circle (plus Facebook page) which I moderate. We heard about Sasha's death from Alba through his FB page. I googled "Alexander Besher Colombia" and found your October 8 blog entry. It's as much of an obituary as we've been able to read. May I have your permission to copy pertinent details about Sasha's last days and share them with schoolmates? Regards, Stan Flewelling.

They have my permission but with Blogger’s latest interface change I don’t know how to respond to comments. I hope they’ll find this note.

I left the apt a little after 8:30. Yesterday I couldn’t find Hial Tears eyedrops in Exito’s pharmacy so my plan was to go to as many pharmacies as needed to find them. I walked straight to the Pasteur pharmacy on the other side of the block of Parva. The pharmacist informed that they didn’t have it but I could find them at the Pasteur on Avenida Las Vegas. I remember seeing that location on my walk route. I continued my usual walk, but in reverse, and stopped at Pasteur where I bought 2 bottles for about 52mil. I returned to the apt just after 9:30.

Teresa had already left for the gym, and if she couldn’t enter, I understood she would go for a long walk.

Teresa returned at 11:30. She didn’t get her gym appointment and she says she has to call Bogota for some reason.

I put on the Colombian news at 12:30 and it’s all about Colombia playing Uruguay this afternoon. Nice to know that’s more important than the virus or anything else.

I took a 90-minute nap after lunch.

Colombia lokst to Uruguay 3-0.

The rain started at 6:45.

Teresa informed me she will have to go to the finca soon to oversee some work being done there. Instead of going back and forth she will probably stay overnight there for at least one night.

 

Trump strikes out in Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania ballot challenges.

 

Kansas billionaire Charles Koch now says that he regrets his partisan spending—admitting in his new book that it only made things worse, according to The Wall Street Journal. The 85-year-old tycoon’s book, Believe in People: Bottom-Up Solutions for a Top-Down World, says that he is shifting his focus from intense Republican partisanship to finding unifying answers to social issues instead. “Boy, did we screw up!” Koch writes. “What a mess!” He now wants to work together with Democrats and liberals like the American Civil Liberties Union, the LeBron James Family Foundation, and Democratic state legislative campaigns. “I congratulate Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on their victory,” he said in an email to the Journal. “I look forward to finding ways to work with them to break down the barriers holding people back, whether in the economy, criminal justice, immigration, the Covid-19 pandemic, or anywhere else. At the same time, I hope we all use this post-election period to find a better way forward. Because of partisanship, we’ve come to expect too much of politics and too little of ourselves and one another.”

 

Arizona election witness confesses to being Trump campaign lawyer's business partner in court.

 

President-elect Joe Biden is the apparent winner of Georgia’s presidential race. Biden’s victory, the first for a Democratic presidential contender in Georgia since 1992, further secures a big lead in the Electoral College over President Donald Trump. Trump was projected as the winner in North Carolina. All 50 states have now been called in the White House race, which Biden is projected to win.

 

Dan Rather schools Trump on reelection chances with only 3 words: Dude. “You Lost.”

Trump Takes Credit For 'Most Secure Election Ever' But Says It Was 'Rigged'.

 

The 2020 electoral vote has ended up exactly the same as the 2016 electoral vote. – 306 to 232.  Only this time, President Trump is on the losing side.

To quote Kellyanne Conway from 2016: “306. Landslide. Blowout. Historic.”

 

John Kelly blasted Trump for not helping with the transition: 'The downside to not doing so could be catastrophic'.

 

Gov. Andrew Cuomo hit back at President Donald Trump Friday evening after he threatened to withhold a forthcoming Covid-19 vaccine from New Yorkers, calling the president incompetent, delusional and retaliatory.

 

The US has 10,452,880 ð 10,626,581 ð 10,728,013 coronavirus cases with 241,400+ ð 242,700+ ð 243,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,165,326 ð 1,174,012 ð 1,182,697 cases with 33,669 deaths. Medellin has 108,239 ð 109,054 ð 109,989 cases, an increase of 935 from November 12th to 13th.  Envigado has a total of 8,780 cases, an increase of 127 from November 12th to 13th.

 

Joke of the day

I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while checking up on a man I asked . . . 'So how's your breakfast this morning?'

'It's very good except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste,' Bob replied.

I then asked to see the jelly and Bob produced a foil packet labeled 'KY Jelly.'

No comments:

Post a Comment