Friday, November 20, 2020

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up at midnight, 3am, and 6:30, finally getting up at 7:30.

After breakfast Teresa left for the gym.

For the duration of the pandemic I haven’t been wearing sunglasses because they get fogged up from my facemask. Yesterday I read a doctor’s hack where you put a bandaid across the top on your nose. I decided to try it next time I go out.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to the mall. (The bandaid worked although it was a little more difficult to breathe than usual. The benefit for me is that my eyes shouldn’t dry out as easily when I go out.)  I made an ATM withdrawal, deposited 100mil in Laura’s account for Teresa’s gym membership, paid the epm bill at Baloto, and bought 2 more packages of bandaids in CaFam.

In the mall as I was walking to the back of Todo Fresa a young boy pointed at my face and said “cool”. I said “why?” as I passed but didn’t get an answer. I think his mother may have chastised him for pointing. I read some from my New in Chess magazine and checked my cellphone for an hour or so.

In Exito I picked up coffee, Coke and milk and returned to the apt by taxi.

I had a 2-hour chess lesson with Juan Castro.

About 5pm Teresa invited me to go with her to Parva for coffee and pastry before her 6pm beauty shop appointment. We got waylaid outside the porteria where Teresa bought a package of patacones. We put them in our mailbox to pick up on our way back.

At Parva we shared a pastry and she left about 5:40 to go to the beauty shop. She said she would look for me at Parva if she got out early, like 6:30.

I stayed until about 6:45 then went across the street to NY Restaurant and Lounge. I talked to Jonathon and made a 2pm reservation for Thanksgiving dinner.

 

All residents of Key West must wear masks any time they leave their homes -- even when they're able to keep a safe distance from others.

The most populous city in the Florida Keys issued the tough new mask requirement Thursday. It's among the most stringent mask measures in Florida, where coronavirus cases have surpassed over 905,000 statewide.

If Key West residents repeatedly fail to wear a face mask when they're in public, even when social distancing is possible, they can be fined up to $500 after a verbal warning and civil citation, the ordinance rules.

The ordinance exempts children under age 6, private workers and gymgoers, among some other groups.

 

The US has 11,387,763 ð 11,581,881 ð 11,786,957 coronavirus cases with 247,900+ ð 250,100+ ð 252,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,211,128 ð 1,218,003 ð 1,225,490 cases with 34,761 deaths. Medellin has 112,772 ð 113,103 ð 113,882 cases, an increase of 776 from November 18th to 19th.  Envigado has a total of 9,198 cases, an increase of 102 from November 18th to 19th.

 

Joke of the day

Son: Dad, there’s a small get together at school tomorrow!

Dad: Small get together?  How small?

Son: Just me…you…and the principal.

No comments:

Post a Comment