Monday, November 23, 2020

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up at 3am, and 6:15, finally getting up at 6:45.

My back felt the best it’s felt in 2 years. No pain with minimal stiffness. Either those Marigold extract capsules are working or I just slept right last night. I left the apt at 7:45 and walked down to Avenida Las Vegas where I soon was on a bus to Ciudad de Rio. I arrived at Ganso & Castor by 8:15 and Glenn and Bianca arrived a few minutes later. We took a table in a corner where we assumed our server wouldn’t be the same incompetent muchacho we’ve had before. James arrived a couple minutes later. Today I tried their hot oatmeal but it wasn’t as good as Teresa makes so I doubt I’ll order it again. My share of the bill was a little less than 30mil. James only has one more breakfast with us before he has to leave Colombia. I understand he’s going to Peru for a month. Glenn took a bus back with me and I got to see Bianca stumble her way onto the bus. I got off across the street from Mercado Madrid where I stopped and bought 3 bags of milk. I was back at the apt before noon.

At 3:15 it started raining hard and soon came down even harder with hail. A minute later we lost all our power.The storm only lasted about 20 minutes but the power didn’t come back on until 5:30. Several times after that we lost our power for barely a second, just enough time to reset the router and the television.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 4 games to 3.

We lost power again just before 9:30 but it came back about 5 minutes later.

The US has 11,990,871 ð 12,078,010 ð 12,288,499 coronavirus cases with 254,200+ ð 255,000 ð 256,400+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,233,444 ð 1,240,493 ð 1,248,417 cases with 35,287 deaths. Medellin has 114,836 ð 115,666 ð 116,298 cases, an increase of 630 from November 21st to 22nd. Envigado has a total of 9,449 cases, an increase of 88 from November 21st to 22nd.

 

Joke of the day

A couple decide they need a guard dog. So the guy goes to a pet shop and says to one of the employees “I need a guard dog to protect my apartment”.

The employee responds, “I have the perfect dog for you”, she then showed him a Chihuahua. The man was not impressed and said, “I need a dog that can guard our house and fend off burglars, a Chihuahua can’t do that.”

“But this is no regular Chihuahua. It’s an attack Chihuahua!” the employee said, “Here, I’ll show you how it works! Attack Chihuahua, chair.”

The employee pointed at a chair, and the guy and the employee watched as the Chihuahua destroyed the chair, leaving only splinters behind.

“Wow” the guy said “But I still think we need a real guard dog”

“Are you sure?” she responded “Here I’ll show you again. Attack Chihuahua, table!”

She pointed to a table, and, again, the Chihuahua absolutely destroyed the table.

The man said “Okay, okay, I’ll take it.”

When he brought it home, his wife was very angry.

“Why did you buy a Chihuahua?!” She yelled

“Because” he responded, “this is no ordinary Chihuahua, this is an attack Chihuahua!”

Attack Chihuahua, my ass! she responded.

No comments:

Post a Comment