Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, again at 4:30am, Teresa finally waking me at 7am.

My back this morning has slight stiffness with mimimal discomfort.

I left the apt at 8am and Jose arrived at Habia Una Vez a minute after me. He told me about his upcoming dental appointments when he will be getting a few implants.

At 9am we went up to the food court and we went over an interesting chess position.

I had the white pieces in the first game and I went wrong early and resigned on the 26th move.

For lunch I had Chinese food from Sr. Wok.

At one point we thought we heard rain, a minute later we knew it was a downpour with strong lightning and the lights went out for a few minutes.

I had the black pieces in the 2nd game and by the 20th move I was up a pawn and the exchange. (I missed a move that could have ended things earlier.) By the 36th move I had a clear advantage for a win but he said he wanted me to practice my endgame so we played on and I checkmated him on the 72nd move. (I had an extra pawn I could have queened and put him out of his misery much sooner but I also wanted to practice my endgame.)

I went downstairs for coffee at Todo Fresa then picked up some milk at Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

 

President-elect Joe Biden on Tuesday crossed a historic milestone and got 80 million votes – more than any candidate in U.S. history, in an election President Donald Trump continues to call 'rigged.'

Biden and running mate Kamala Harris's vote total exceeds Trump's by more than 6 million votes, and his lead as a percentage has grown to 51 to 47 per cent, making the election that will make Biden the 46th president not particularly close.

It was in the electoral college where Trump could have prevailed if tens of thousands of votes had gone the other way in a handful of key states, but as it stands with states continuing to certify their results, Biden is on track to win 306 electoral votes to Trump's 223. That is the same number Trump amassed in 2016.

 

The Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, and AstraZeneca/Oxford have shown efficacy of up to 95%, and more vaccines will also be effective against COVID-19, medical experts believe.

Bill Gates predicts that “almost all” coronavirus vaccines will work by February, adding to the list candidates that have yet to produce Phase 3 conclusions, including Johnson & Johnson and Novavax.

 

The US has 12,288,499 ð 12,418,730 ð 12,571,301 coronavirus cases with 256,400+ ð 257,100+ ð 258,600+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,248,417 ð 1,254,979 ð 1,262,494 cases with 35,677 deaths. Medellin has 116,298 ð 116,869 ð 117,668 cases, an increase of 740 from November 23rd to 24th.  Envigado has a total of 9,590 cases, an increase of 99 from November 23rd to 24th.

 

Joke of the day

Me: Get up.

6-year-old: Why?

Me: It’s Monday.

6-year-old: I can’t do this every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment