Sunday, November 22, 2020

Saturday, November 21, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up at 2am and 4am, and 6am (awakened by 2 guys laughing outside Exito), finally getting up at 7am.

Teresa asked me to pick up a head of lettuce from Exito so I said I would on my way back from the copy center.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the copy center next to Aymará where I printed a page from my cellphone that Teresa needs to get a replacement cedula. I stopped at Eduardo Madrid to buy an apple pie. In preparation I looked for the translation for pie on my cellphone. Pastel? Torta? I wasn’t sure but when I was next in line I saw a pie with “pie de manzana 60mil” written on it. I asked the saleslady if they had one smaller. No. I said I’ll take it and she said they have a promotion today and it will only be 48mil. Even better. I bought it and returned to the apt.

Teresa informed me we don’t have enough coffee mugs so she sent me to Home Center. I walked to the mall and notice a long line outside the iShop (Apple) store. Today is dia sin IVA which means they won’t be charging the usual tax (17%? 19%?) today only. In Home Center the first mugs I found were 45mil each but I found others just a little smaller for 22,900 each so I bought those. They wrapped them nice and I packed them into the carrying bag my brother gave me. In Exito I picked up a head of lettuce and returned to the apt by taxi.

At 12:45 I changed clothes and went down to the porteria. Glenn with Bianca soon showed up but we had to wait until almost 1:30 for James to arrive. We had a nice turkey dinner with apple pie for dessert. They left about 3:30 and Teresa and I took a little nap.

In the afternoon I beat Teresa in parcheesi 5 games to 0. She couldn’t believe it.

Teresa told me she has a 97-year old aunt that went to the hospital for a swollen finger and they found she has the coronavirus.

I finished reading Ruth Ware’s The Woman in Cabin 10 on my Nook.

 

Sixty days until Trump is out of office!

 

The US has 11,786,957 ð 11,990,871 ð 12,078,010 coronavirus cases with 252,200+ ð 254,200+ ð 255,000+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,225,490 ð 1,233,444 ð 1,240,493 cases with 35,104 deaths. Medellin has 113,882 ð 114,836 ð 115,666 cases, an increase of 830 from November 20th to 21st.  Envigado has a total of 9,361 cases, an increase of 72 from November 20th to 21st.

 

Joke of the day

A dear old man has been having trouble making love to his wife due to impotency. He has tried pills, oils, anything he can get his hands on, but nothing works. He researched online, asked every online expert he could think of - to no avail.

He tells his buddy about this, and his buddy says "I know a witch doctor who has a remedy for this. Go see her, she will help you out.”

The old man goes to the witch doctor and explains his problems.

"I know just the thing," she says, and hands him a potion. "Drink this. When you are ready, just say 'one, two, three.' Your problems will be solved. When you are finished, your partner must say, 'one, two, three, four,' and that will be that. You can only use this potion once every full moon."

Excited to try this new remedy, he makes his way home in a haste.

That night, things are starting to get hot and heavy. He turns around and says "one, two three." Just like that, he is hard as a rock, like he was 18 again. He faces his wife, ready to go.

Impressed, his wife stared at him and said, "Wow, that looks great. But what did you say 'one, two, three,' for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment