Saturday, November 7, 2020

Friday, November 6, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up once at 2am, finally waking at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

It’s pouring rain so far but I’m assuming it will stop in time for me to go for my walk after 9am.

I’m back to binge watching CNN. On the election front, Biden has taken a lead in Georgia of 1,096 votes with about 10,000 votes still uncounted. Trump still has a lead in Pennsylvania with 18,229 votes with 163,000 votes outstanding. Arizona and Nevada are still too close to call. North Carolina still hasn’t been called either.

Strange that I haven’t heard a count for Kanye West. LOL.

Just before 9am Biden has taken the lead for the first time in Pennsylvania. It’s looking inevitable now.

I skipped my walk today, not just because I’m binge watching CNN but I’m afraid it might be too slippery and at my age one can’t risk something like a fall that could result in a broken hip.

I watched election results most of the day on CNN.

I like this quote: “Mr. President: It’s become increasingly clear that you’re fired, and you can go now.”

Another one. Jim Kenney, mayor of Philadelphia: “Donald Trump should put his big boy pants on, acknowledge his defeat and congratulate Joe Biden as the winner of the US presidential election.”

Poor Teresa. I’ve been watching CNN all day but nice guy that I am I put on her 7pm news. Besides the damage to San Andres by Hurricane Eta it was almost all about the US election.

I heard Biden was going to speak any minute but after some time I finally gave up and went to bed at 10:30.

Votes were still being counted in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, and Pennsylvania.

 

The US has 9,571,938 ð 9,646,183 ð 9,761,320 coronavirus cases with 234,100+ ð 234,800+ ð 235,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,108,084 ð 1,117,977 ð 1,127,733 cases with 32,405 deaths. Medellin has 101,819 ð 103,229 ð 104,328 cases, an increase of 1,100 from November 5th to 6th.  Envigado has a total of 8,102 cases, an increase of 144 from November 5th to 6th.  New infections have plateaued again.

 

Joke of the day

A driver is struggling to find a parking space.  After 45 frustrating minutes, he begins to pray.

“Lord,” he says, “I can’t take this any longer.  If you open up a space for me, I swear I’ll give up gambling and go to church every Sunday.”

Suddenly, the clouds part and the sun shines on an empty parking spot.  Without hesitation, the man says, “Never mind, I found one!”

No comments:

Post a Comment