Monday, November 30, 2020

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to outside the gym. Ciclovia was in progress as I waited for a bus. At 8:10 I decided to wait only another 5 minutes and if no bus I would take a taxi. A bus arrived 1 minute later. I got off at Parque Poblado and walked down calle 10 to carrera 43E. I turned right and walked a block only to find that it was like a cul de sac. I reversed my steps and went north on carrera 43C to calle 10A and then back down the hill to 43E. I turned right and walked past the Ganso & Castor Manila to Cambria at Carrera 43E #12-16. Glenn and James were already there. Today is James last day as he leaves tomorrow for Peru so he can reset his clock with Colombia and return January 1st. I had their French toast which was much better than the “deep fried” version at Ganso & Castor. At one point the manager came out and spoke to us in English. With my 2 cafes my total with tip was 35mil. We would return except that Bianca wasn’t allowed inside – she was tied up just the other side of the fence from our table. I called Teresa and she asked me to meet her at SantaFe mall. I told her I should be there by 11am.

When we left we walked a block south to the Ganso & Castor (Carrera 43E #11A-30) which, besides ample seating inside, had several tents set up with a lot of available seating. I walked the guys to Calle 10 where Glenn waited for a taxi back to his apt and James turned west to the metro. I tried for a few minutes to catch a taxi but everyone had riders. I walked up to Avenida Poblado and I immediately realized I wouldn’t be catching a bus to SantaFe mall because ciclovia was still going on. I called Teresa to explain I would be late but she didn’t answer. I was walking up Avenida Poblado when I was suddenly startled by a drone hovering just over my head. That was a first. It was about a 30-minute walk to the mall. I found Teresa at Zara and she did some more window shopping while I rested. We went to J&C Delicias for lunch and she had her usual surf & turf and I had a Ceasar salad. She did some more shopping and found a pair of Nikes in Sport Line America. We returned to the apt by taxi.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 2 games to 1.

There was something on the evening news about Colombia creating a digital cedula. (Someone on Expat Exchange wrote that it will be available starting December 1st to Colombian citizens only for 50mil.)

I watched the Chicago Bears lose to the Green Bay Packers 41-25.

 

What could Trump do to tank the economy out of vengeance? What Republicans have done for years. Republicans have a long history of hurting the economy for political gain, though Trump may also be driven by spite.

 

As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?

 

The US has 13,039,236 ð 13,225,701 ð 13,383,373 coronavirus cases with 263,900+ ð 265,200+ ð 266,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 1,290,510 ð 1,299,613 ð 1,308,376 cases with 36,584 deaths. Medellin has 119,884 ð 120,603 ð 121,483 cases, an increase of 798 from November 28th to 29th.  Envigado has a total of 10,000 cases, an increase of 111 from November 28th to 29th. New infections continue to creap up again.

 

Joke of the day

Man gets into bed.
Woman: you’re drunk.
Man: how do you know?
Woman: you live next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment