Sunday, June 20, 2021

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5:15am, catnapped after that, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Teresa will be going to her first gym class at 10am and later we will meet for lunch in Mayorca. She will call me. At least that’s the plan.

I left the apt at 9:45 and walked to the mall. I stopped in Exito’s kitchen appliances area and talked to a young man in English. I explained that ice jamming coming out of the ice chute and I believe it is because warm air is getting inside because the flap isn’t seating properly. He gave me the Samsung Support number of #726. Is that right, you can make a call using just 3 digits preceded by a #? That’s news to me.

I had some chess notes printed then went into the mall to an ATM. A man ahead of me in line had some trouble with it. We called over a security guard to try to help. At the other ATM a young man seemed to be having his own problems. It appeared he was trying to make a deposit but it wasn’t a consignacion machine. He gave up and I made a withdrawal without any problem. I was having a café con leche in cafe Santa Leña when Teresa called at 11:15 to inform me she would be lunching with her girlfriend and I should have lunch on my own. She also said we would be meeting up with Esmeralda later. I had a croissant sandwich and later a cold drink called Granizado Freddo. I left at 1:30 and stopped in Dollar City to buy another ½” 3-ring binder. The other one was for my London System notes and the new one will be for my Classic Dutch Defense notes. There was a long line that stretched back into the aisle but it moved quickly.

I returned to the apt via taxi.

Another mostly sunny day but again we didn’t get over 80/82 degrees.

I watched episode 1 of Human: The World Within on Netflix.

Teresa returned at 3:45. I understand Esmeralda will be driving over later.

At 7pm we were waiting for them in the porteria. A young lady came in with a medium sized black and white dog. The dog was excited to see us but the owner controlled her. Finally, I acted excited and called the dog and the owner let her come over and she was beside herself with joy while I petted and fussed over her. She is a 5-month old border collie that the owner said was gifted to her. I think she probably was difficult to sell because her markings weren’t the typical distinct black and white but were more mixed. Even Teresa was amazed by how friendly the dog was.

Esmeralda and Alejandro finally arrived after 7:30 and parked their old car in a visitor’s space. We walked through La Buena Mesa and Teresa led us across Avenida Poblado to a small garage restaurant called Maduros Mi Cliente (My mature client?). They only had 4 items on the menu and one was El Gran Orgasmo Bucal (The Great Bucal Orgasm?). Teresa inquired about the contents of the dishes and the only word I caught/understood was butter. Teresa wasn’t happy and we left.

Instead of taking the same side streets when we came I led them down the main street (Calle 30) where there were more restaurants. Teresa decided on Chiclayo and luckily we only had to wait 5 minutes for a table. I ordered a chicken and rice bowl called Chaufa de Pollo which came with a delicious sauce. I should have brought my debit card but I remembered I had a 50-mil bill and a bunch of 20s so I should be okay. Alejandro told me they’ve missed a lot of school because of the pandemic but when they’re ready to resume soon most of the teachers are scheduled for vacation. There will be a school assembly Monday when he will learn more. The bill came to 180,620 including a 16,420 tip and I left 185mil for a larger tip.

Raindrops started about 9:30 and were still coming down when we left 15 minutes later. Back at the porteria there was some discussion with the portero and they ended up leaving their car (a clutch problem) and we waited 15-minutes for them to catch a taxi. By then it was a downpour.

Today I clocked 7,252 steps.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 12,294 ð 11,606 ð 11,527 new cases and 312 ð 301 ð 300 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,859,824 ð 3,888,614  ð 3,917,348 cases with 98,156 ð 98,746  ð 99,335 deaths.  Medellin has 329,890 ð 331,694 ð 333,470 cases, an increase of 1,757 cases from June 18th to 19th. Envigado has a total of 26,125 cases, an increase of 120 from June 18th to 19th.

 

T-shirt of the day

I am the princess queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment