Monday, June 21, 2021

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 11:30, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:15.

I left the apt at 7:45 and walked to Sao Paolo where Glenn thought he saw a café on the 2nd floor. The first floor with all the restaurants was closed, there were no restaurants/cafes on the 2nd floor, and Café 1900 on the 3rd floor was also closed.

I went across the street and had breakfast at De Lolita Frontera again. I had scrambled eggs, a croissant and café con leche for 17,700. Soon after leaving, my left ankle started feeling sore but the soreness soon went away. At Starbucks on Calle 4 Sur I ordered a Café Mocha but mistakenly ordered a medium instead of a small so I couldn’t finish it. On the way back my right ankle started feeling sore but it soon went away also. The last few blocks the soreness returned but I finished without a problem.

When I returned at 10:45 Teresa had already left. Her plan was to take her bored mother to El Tesoro and I would be on my own for lunch.

I left the apt at 1:15 and walked to the mall. They had an arts & crafts show in the atrium and I priced a Starry Night jigsaw puzzle for 35,000 pesos.

I recycled a pill bottle then went around the corner to the Mexican restaurant Wajaca. They had two tables available, and I took the smaller one that wasn’t set up for four. I had their quesadillas de pastor with a mango juice for 33,770, tip included.



Teresa called and asked if I am a medium or large in jeans. I told her I’m a 34.

I went down to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche before returning to the apt by taxi.

Teresa soon returned and presented me with two pairs of size 34 stretch jeans from Arturo Calle for Father’s Day. Strangely, they didn’t have any holes in them. Is that out of fashion now?

About 6pm the skies got real dark and windy and it started raining. It was soon a downpour. We’re going to wait for 7-7:30 before cancelling. Another problem is catching a taxi.

New plan, if it stops by 7:30 we’re going to walk down to McDonald’s for burgers.

At 7:30 we got dressed, I grabbed the large umbrella and we headed out. At the exit from the garage we could see it was obviously a downpour and we changed our minds and headed back to the apt. (We would get soaked on our lower half and I certainly don’t need to deal with a cold before my surgery. Also there would be the opportunity of a slip and fall.)

Today I clocked 12,617 steps.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 11,606 ð 11,527 ð 11,138 new cases and 301 ð 300  ð 300 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 3,888,614 ð 3,917,348 ð 3,945,166 cases with 98,746  ð 99,335 ð 99,934 deaths.  Medellin has 331,694 ð 333,470 ð 335,467 cases, an increase of 1,997 cases from June 19th to 20th. Envigado has a total of 26,220 cases, an increase of 95 from June 19th to 20th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Curly for President.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, lunch looked yummy. Thanks for the picture.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete