Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at 5:30, gave up getting back to sleep and got up at 6am.

I left the apt at 8am and met Glenn and Bianca at the Avenida Poblado bus stop at 8:15. We caught a taxi and got out on the other side of Calle 10. We walked 3 blocks downhill to Ganso & Castor where he had eggs benedict and I had the granola with Greek yogurt and fruit. We also shared an almond croissant. He told me about his experience renewing his Medicare and getting his prostate procedure including his blood clot. We left about 10:15 and took a taxi back to Envigado. Glenn and Bianca got out at the bus stop before Jumbo and Glenn slammed the door. The driver was offended and I said to him, “Los Gringos” and I thought he would die laughing. I continued on to Viva Envigado where I had a café con leche in Todo Fresa. Teresa called me at 12:30 and asked me to meet her outside at the taxi stand. We took a taxi to La Buena Mesa and got out at Chiclayo where we had a nice lunch. Afterward we went to the Pasteur pharmacy where I bought an 8-pack of adult diapers for 22mil. (The doctor said I might have some leakage after he removes my catheter next week. Teresa initially suggested we put a plastic sheet over the mattress but I recommended the disposable underpants.)

I ran into Chris Cojelas (sp?) at Barrio Sur on the way back to the apt.

A reader of my blog asked whether insurance is paying for my surgery. As I understand it my options are: use insurance which is very cheap ($5?) but with weeks or months of delays for tests and ultimately surgery OR go private, pay out of pocket for tests and surgery ($4500) and have it done relatively quickly. Obviously, I chose the latter.

Eschneiderag9 had the advantage in our latest game but he neglected to make a move within the 24-hour time limit so he lost on time increasing my rating to 1553.

Teresa suggested we go to a movie tonight. I checked and SantaFe wasn’t playing anything good but I found The Father (8.3) at Oviedo mall at 6:30. At 5:30 we decided we’d better get ready for tomorrow. I streamed the movie and then we watched Misery (7.8), one of Teresa’s favorites, for the umpteenth time.

 

Tomorrow we have to leave at 7am in order to be at CES Hospital by 8am for my 10am surgery. (I guess I’ll be catching up on any missed sleep after that.)

Well, after 8 ½ years I think I’m going to miss a day or two of postings to my blog. Hopefully, not more than that.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 11,985 ð 11,867 ð 11,881 new cases and 311 ð 306  ð 307 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday Colombia has a total of 4,092,746 ð 4,126,340 ð 4,158,716 cases with 103,321 ð 104,014 ð 104,678 deaths.  Medellin has 345,129 ð 347,064 ð 349,001 cases, an increase of 1,937 cases from June 26th to 27th. Envigado has a total of 26,816 cases, an increase of 88 from June 26th to 27th.

 

T-shirt of the day

All you need is LOVE is all you need.

2 comments:

  1. I am reading this at 11:46 AM CDT in Dallas. By now your operation should be over. I pray all went well and that your recover is fast and fairly pain free. Thanks for explaining again about the choice to use private instead of your insurance. Once I read that I remembered your prior postings regarding that.
    Positive thoughts and prayers,
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a sppedy recovery from your procedure(s), Terry.

    I promise to miss your blog entries, so don't worry!

    See you soon . . . .

    Paul M.
    Tampa, FL
    ==

    ReplyDelete